Thread: Web based Accounting manager/server

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Web based Accounting manager/server

Hello all,

I'm looking for a web based accounting server for my enterprise and I haven't been able to find one that suits my needs. Basically what I ABSOLUTELY need it to do is:

* Allow for web (or other remote) submission of purchase requests
    * Must allow for entry of:
    o Requester
    o Item Description
    o URL or location of purchase

And some of the desired features are:

* Have a web-based front end
    o That is to say, avoid having to install a client to access the purchasing system
    * Have an account tracker
    o Approved purchase orders are automatically deducted from an available funds pool depending on the team that submitted the request
    * Support multiple accounts
    * Support multiple permission/power levels 'submit' 'approve' 'sign'/'purchased'
    * Support an authentication method, to identify electronically, those who submit a request
    o Allow for electronic approval by another user in the same group with 'approval' privileges
    * Support e-mail notification
    o e-mail 'approval' members when a new purchase request has been submitted that requires their approval
    o e-mail 'treasurer' when a new purchase request has been submitted and 'approved'

I haven't been able to find anything that fits these requirements. I was looking at GNUCash but in the end the Exec team pretty much demanded it be a server with nothing that was required to be installed on client side. I have about 1,000 dollars to work with and I'm hoping to get it up by the end of the summer. Open source would be great, and I would prefer it be linux based, but I can work with Windows software if that's all that's available.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Web based Accounting manager/server

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Web based Accounting manager/server

Thanks so much, I think this will fit the bill.