Thread: FGLRX + DOSBox = no cursor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

Unhappy FGLRX + DOSBox = no cursor

I'd kind of like to install the fglrx graphics driver, because 3D acceleration with the open-source ati driver doesn't work too well (8-30 fps in Planet Penguin Racer, as opposed to 80 fps, if I remember right, the last time I tried it with fglrx); and it has screen-refreshing problems with Blender.

However, there's one major (for me) problem - when I run DOSBox with fglrx, the DOS cursor doesn't work. The mouse remains stuck to the lower right-hand corner of the screen, and thus is entirely nonfunctional. Once I unfocus the cursor from DOSBox (Ctrl-F10), it works fine, of course, but within DOSBox, it doesn't. Not Nice.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Pepidemic: hunting down strange and wonderful things from across the internets, and laying them, like dead rodents, at your feet.

Beans

Re: FGLRX + DOSBox = no cursor

Does the mouse work when you use the ati driver instead of fglrx? Maybe try to turn of compiz too to test if the error origins there (which I doubt but anyway)

If the mouse sticks to one corner it sounds more like a problem with the mouse driver in dosbox. Or is just the appearance of the mouse cursor in the corner and you can click somewhere in a dos application like with a hidden mouse?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

Yes, it works fine with the ati driver. I did have Compiz on when I ran it in fglrx, so perhaps that had some effect, but it works fine with ati whether I have Compiz enabled or not.

The mouse cursor does appear to stick in the bottom of the DOSBox window (with fglrx), but I don't think the mouse is actually moving around invisibly.

Pepidemic: hunting down strange and wonderful things from across the internets, and laying them, like dead rodents, at your feet.

Beans

found something in the archive, don't know if it helps but its worth a shot I guess
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-187907.html