Thread: gdesklets issues

Beans

gdesklets issues

Hi all

i'm having a bit of a problem with gdesklets. It starts fine, loads desklets fine, but the desklets don't work as they used to work in older versions of ubuntu.

Namely, each desklet that gets loaded shows up as an item in the taskbar called "gdesklets-daemon". This item can be minimized / maximized which changes the location of the desklet, and if the item is closed it removes the desklet. By default the "gdesklets-daemon" item is only visible one one workspace, so when you switch to a diff workspace the desklet is no longer visible. I know that part is an easy fix w/ the right click menu but these didn't work this way in past version of ubuntu.

I recall this happening before when I first started playing with gdesklets, but can't remember how I went about fixing the problem and can't seem to find a way to fix it this time.

I'm running ubuntu 8.04, gdesklets 0.36, and I don't have the "gdesklets data" installed as i've read on a few other forums that that can cause problems.

any help would be appreciated, as the program is currently running it's a bit of a waste of time

Beans

Re: gdesklets issues

It happened to me.

I got rid of gdesklets and I'm using screenlets now.

Beans

bumpity.. any thoughts besides use screenlets?? i downloaded them with no problems I just prefer the applets from gdesklets..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had similar problems with gdesklets last night. I ended up removing it, then reinstalling, and that seemed to fix things.

Mine were also showing up in the taskbar, among other things.