Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Styles Introducing QGtkStyle, Qt with Gtk looks.

Beans

Re: Styles Introducing QGtkStyle, Qt with Gtk looks.

is there a spot the difference screenshot with a load of gtk apps and one qt? probably not lol

i'm sure i could tell the difference, i hope i'm wrong though either way, it's still pretty cool, i've always not liked the way qt looks and it's put me off ever using kde.
    Last edited by ice60; May 15th, 2008 at 07:51 PM.
    Thanks to the forums staff for your dedication and hard work
    (the admins changed my sig to that lol )

Beans

looks neat, once a eebian installer is avilible I will probably put it on my system and hold off for KDE4.1 with anticipation
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmusician View Post
    awesome! that's really good news. how do you developers happen to find threads about your work in forums like this? I've seen many people just drop out of nowhere and post in a thread relevant to their work. Notified by a colleague or a friend? obsessive searches? how do you do it?
    Obsessive perhaps? I was simply looking for some initial reactions and this thread was on the first page I got up on google.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm hoping to get KDE4Daily 4.1 up and running this weekend - I'll ask Jens if he wants this included for testing or not.
    I personally think it is a little bit too early for any large-scale testing or deployment. There are also some KDE-specific issues with clipped icons and palettes making things look a little strange at the moment.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jensbw View Post
    I personally think it is a little bit too early for any large-scale testing or deployment. There are also some KDE-specific issues with clipped icons and palettes making things look a little strange at the moment.
    Ok, no problem - it can always be rolled in an update if you change your mind

Anyway, I forgot to say "thanks" for this great piece of work

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ice60 View Post
    is there a spot the difference screenshot with a load of gtk apps and one qt? probably not lol

i'm sure i could tell the difference, i hope i'm wrong though either way, it's still pretty cool, i've always not liked the way qt looks and it's put me off ever using kde.
    I'm not sure what you expect; it was literally released 2 days ago. I think it's excellent even now, but it's sure to improve.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

just compiled this and...
    colour me impressed, cleanlooks was always half assed but his is damn nice, infact i've gone through and installed some of the kde4 apps just to for kicks.

slightly off topic, alot of the icons in apps like dolphin seem to be hard coded things like navigations buttons and such.
    There are enough half truths in this world that man shall never have to lie
    AMD 64 3400+, geforce 6600 LE 1, gig ram 2x 180 gig sata

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wedderburn View Post
    just compiled this and...
    colour me impressed, cleanlooks was always half assed but his is damn nice, infact i've gone through and installed some of the kde4 apps just to for kicks.

slightly off topic, alot of the icons in apps like dolphin seem to be hard coded things like navigations buttons and such.
    I doubt that's really the case. Depending on where you're installing them from, you're probably getting very early versions that don't reflect the current svn of those apps. The navigation buttons are almost certainly part of the icon theme.

Using the most recent openSUSE based KDE Four Live CD (which was a 4.1 alpha snapshot of the subversion), when I change the icon theme, the navigation buttons in Dolphin do change.

edit: duh, you probably mean with QGtkStyle. Sorry.

Beans

If anyone managed to install this on Ubuntu Hardy, please write a little how-to. Is QT4.4 required or not? Mine seems to be 4.3 (the libqt4-core version is 4.3.4-0ubuntu3).

This is what I did:

1. Got the code via svn
    2. Installed build-essential
    3. Installed libgtk2.0-dev and libqt4-dev
    4. Ran qmake. No complaints there.
    5. Ran make. Got compiling errors:

qgtkstyle.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void QGtkStyle::drawPrimitive(QStyle:rimitiveElement, const QStyleOption*, QPainter*, const QWidget*) const’:
    qgtkstyle.cpp:1105: error: ‘PE_PanelItemViewItem’ was not declared in this scope
    qgtkstyle.cpp:1106: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
    qgtkstyle.cpp:1106: error: expected `)' before ‘const’
    qgtkstyle.cpp:1107: error: ‘vopt’ was not declared in this scope
    make: *** [qgtkstyle.o] Error 1

Am I doing it wrong?

Beans

Make sure you're running the Qt4 version of qmake. You can check with

qmake -v

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast