Thread: Synergy key repeat problem

Beans

Synergy key repeat problem

I use my Ubuntu machine as a synergy server and windows XP as the client so I control both from the Ubuntu keyboard and mouse. I recently upgraded to Hardy and found that while synergy works fine for the most part, when I use my windows box to connect to the console of HP blades or VMware guests I can barely type a character in those consoles without it repeating a dozen or more times.

Both of these console connections utilize an ActiveX plugin so I think it might be related to that. However, it worked fine prior to my upgrade of Ubuntu.

Has anyone else seen, and hopefully fixed, this?

Beans

Re: Synergy key repeat problem

Hi,

I also use Ubuntu (8.04 amd64 desktop) as the server and Windows XP as the client.

I experienced all the symptoms you described in terms of key repeats, although I was using cygwin rather than blade consoles.

I stopped and restarted synergy on both the client and server. Finally, in an act of desperation, I rebooted my ubuntu host and the problem resolved itself.

Sorry, I don't know why this resolved the problem when simple synergy restarts did not!

BTW, I have synergy configured to start automatically on both hosts; the client has a Windows service and the ubuntu server has:

In /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default :
    Code:
    SYNERGYS=`which synergys`
    if [ x$SYNERGYS != x ] ; then
            $SYNERGYS --config /home/username/.quicksynergy/synergy.conf
    fi
    In /etc/gdm/Init/Default :

Code:
    /usr/bin/synergys --config /home/username/.quicksynergy/synergy.conf
    This might not be an optimal configuration but it works. I obtained these steps from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=48196

Hope this helps.