Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: installing yahoo messager in Hardy heron

Beans

Re: installing yahoo messager in Hardy heron

Right now I`m using Mandriva Spring 2008 and kopete comes with it, I don`t know exactly wich version is, My webcam is Genius trek 310, conected via USB to my laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by EXCiD3 View Post
    Pidgin does not have webcam support as of yet. There are several people working on it. I have never used Kopete with my webcam although I have used Skype video chat and it worked great. Which webcam do you have?
    Does Kopete have audio? I have Kopete, text works, video works fine (even with a cheap webcam) but no audio.

That's the one thing I like about Yahoo Messenger for Windows, the ability to call people all over the world.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BigD77 View Post
    Does Kopete have audio? I have Kopete, text works, video works fine (even with a cheap webcam) but no audio.

That's the one thing I like about Yahoo Messenger for Windows, the ability to call people all over the world.
    Audio should work with Kopete. Is your microphone integrated into your webcam? What make/model is your microphone/webcam?

I have used Skype for linux and i get excellent audio video. You could try testing it on Skype also. If I had highspeed internet I would offer to have a video conference with you to test it out...but i cant seem to find reasonably priced broadband out here in the country .
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12