Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: GIMP - Where It Fails...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: GIMP - Where It Fails...

I think that it is ludicrous to have a thread where the words “GIMP” and “FAILURE” appear together
    in the title. Photoshop CS5 extended costs $999 if you live in the US, and if you live in other parts
    of the world, the prices are twice as high.

Gimp is totally free and is a very powerful tool in the right hands. Of course we would all like it to be
    more advanced and have more features, but I think it is a remarkable success when you think about
    the fact that it is a program developed on a non-commercial basis.

Do you want it to become better? Well, then I would recommend you to consider a donation: http://www.gimp.org/donating/

aeronutt is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: GIMP - Where It Fails...

Quote Originally Posted by PayPaul View Post
    Aside from the lack of adjustment layers... that's been said and it's sad, I have to say the latest stumbling block is the convoluted way to resize images. It seems to require multiple steps and that scale image function no where near replaces how one does it in PS. I tried one and it came out horribly pixelated. I was looking for another program to resizing of my images. Ran across PHatch but it's confusing with all its emphasis on "actions" and I can't find any adequate documentation on how to open up images in it and resize. I'm very upset with my latest attempt to resize a photo in GIMP and so I'll have to keep looking for something else to do that job.
    There used to be a plugin to Nautilus that worked quite well (that I believed used imagemagik)...but alas, no more.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718