Thread: Hotmail in Firefox

Beans

Hotmail in Firefox

Hi, This is my first post here so I hope its in the right place.

I'm not able to access my Hotmail account from Firefox. I get to the Hotmail main page and put in my username and password, but it then gets stuck on loading.

I have accessed Hotmail from this machine before, so I know it is possible.

I did install Ie4linux in the hope that would work, but its installation seemed to stop me being able to access the internet. I only got my internet access back after removing Wine and Ie4Linux.

Any hints/tips/solutions would be most welcome.

Please bear in mind that I've only been using ubuntu for about a week now so my knowledge is pretty limited.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by pudder; May 13th, 2008 at 05:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Hotmail in Firefox

Ubuntu shouldn't stop you from using hotmail.

Hotmail is working for me in firefox.

Try clearning your cache and other things...

Firefox > Tools > Clear Private Data

HP Pavilion DV3505ea Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.0Ghz - 2GB RAM - 160GB HDD - nVidia GeForce 9300M GS - Intel 5100AGN Wireless

Beans

I had tried that previously, but re-tried it anyway, still no luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If I recall correctly, doesn't Hotmail use Flash for some parts? If so are you sure you have Flash installed correctly?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

If you are using NoScript or CookieSafe extensions, you will need to 'allow' in order for you to gain access. Its been my experience to allow before heading to the login page else you'll have to back out and re-initiate the login screen.
    Good Luck.

-Xout
    Bash Commands: Here
    How To Mix & Match Icon Themes: Here & Here
    Please remember to mark your thread solved.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crossedout View Post
    If you are using NoScript or CookieSafe extensions, you will need to 'allow' in order for you to gain access. Its been my experience to allow before heading to the login page else you'll have to back out and re-initiate the login screen.
    Good Luck.

-Xout
    Yes this is correct. Also make sure you have not disabled 3rd party cookies or cookies from another site

Beans

I have flash working properly, used the flash test on the Adobe site, although it showed I don't have Shockwave. I'm pretty sure Shockwave won't be the problem as I didn't have it when I was able to access Hotmail previously.

I don't have NoScript or CookieSafe extensions installed, in fact the only extension I have installed is the Ubuntu Firefox that it came bundled with.

I checked under my cookies and there are cookies from login.live.com so that suggests that Firefox isn't blocking them.

I have also found that logging into Facebook also fails. Both logins fail when it tries to connect to login.xxxx.com

I'm pretty confused at the moment.

Beans

I've determined that it must be something to do with my network at home.

I have no problems logging in while connected to the network at my university, and I have a feeling that I was in university the previous time I accessed Hotmail.

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Could be a network issue. Try another browser. I use Seamonkey for hotmail, though I have used Opera and Epiphany as well. Firefox (version2) is working also, just checked it.