Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Pavilion tx2000 Hardware solutions !!!

Beans

Re: HP Pavilion tx2000 Hardware solutions !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirosol View Post
    Here's howto that i've made for ubuntu and this machine.
    http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/tx2020/tx2000howto.htm
    It's just extended translation of my thread in finnish ubuntu forums, but i think there's everything.
    Thanks, following your guide I was able to get 99% of my precious tx2000 up and running.

The last 1% that still bugs me is:

When I add the "noapic nolapic irqfixup" parameters to the kernel, suspend and resume works like a charm, but now the processor scaling is acting up. The Ondemand governor just jumps straight to the highest frequency and stays there and the Conservative governor just climbs down to 800MHz no matter what the load.

Any one else noticed this behavior?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Can anyone post what is the fingerprint reader model on the tx2000 series? Is it supported by latest fprint code? My older tx1000 series tablet has the AuthenTec AES 1610 fingerprint reader...
    "Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
    Can anyone post what is the fingerprint reader model on the tx2000 series? Is it supported by latest fprint code? My older tx1000 series tablet has the AuthenTec AES 1610 fingerprint reader...
    Hi vishalrao,

I have one tx2000es and its fingerprint reader is AuthenTec AES1610, as your tx1000 series.

It works quite well, but there is no way to get a valid print which validates against the enrolled one.

Now I'm looking for two things:
    - Lower load cycle count: it was at 200!! With hdparm -B 255 it works well, but the hdd gets a little hotter than usual.
    - Life battery: I cannot get more than one hour and half of battery life.

I installed powertop from Intel and I get that the 50% of consumption comes from ehci_hcd:usb2, which is this: "Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04b4:6560 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7c65640 USB-2.0 "Tetrahub"".

Beans

Hi! I use AuthenTec AES1610 fingerprint scanner, but it's doesn't work in Ubuntu.

Beans

kjam@kjam:~$ sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils
    [sudo] password for kjam:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package ndiswrapper-utils is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    However the following packages replace it:
    ndiswrapper-common
    E: Package ndiswrapper-utils has no installation candidate
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    im trying to enable wireless but i keep getting this and im stuck here....help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have written a short tutorial on how to get the stylus and touchscreen working with a new version of linuxwacom made for Usb tablets.
    This way you don't have to apply patches....
    go here to see
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...47#post5469447
    Kory

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kjamo36 View Post
    kjam@kjam:~$ sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils
    [sudo] password for kjam:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package ndiswrapper-utils is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    However the following packages replace it:
    ndiswrapper-common
    E: Package ndiswrapper-utils has no installation candidate
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    im trying to enable wireless but i keep getting this and im stuck here....help!
    I had a similar issue. Here's how I got around it. I'm new to Linux, so hopefully this solution works.

1) Make sure you have an internet connection. I actually did not realize I needed this (I was going to use a USB thumb drive to transfer over install files). The ethernet port should work out of the box with Ubuntu.

2) Update your repository list. You can follow these instructions or do some research on repositories, if you need to.
    A. Open Synaptic Package Manager. Go to Settings -> Repositories. On "Third-Party Software" tab check all of those boxes to include those repositories. Ubuntu may require you to update at this point; I forgot.
    B. Also, I just added a bunch of repositories to my computer thru the instructions provided here. The instructions includes repositories that are not official, so use at your own risk. One of the commands on that page didn't work for me. I needed to add a hyphen at the end of the command, so this line:
    PHP Code:
    sudo gpg --export --armor KEY sudo apt-key add 
    became:
    PHP Code:
    sudo gpg --export --armor KEY sudo apt-key add 
    Some of the GPG keys didn't work for me, but that didn't affect my system detrimentally.

3) Update your computer. This should, amongst many other things, automatically add cabextract to your computer.

3.5) I think that these updates might update your kernel. Because of this, in my case, I had to reinstall my nvidia drivers.

4) At this point, I still could not install the ndiswrapper pacakges through the command line. However, I *was* able to install them through synaptic (Applications -> System -> Synaptic Package Manager). Search for ndiswrapper, and install them.

I also found a more complete guide to install ubuntu on the HP tx2000 series here.

Beans

Hello All,

I am just getting to know this new laptop and want to wipe off Vista ASAP. The CPU load jumps to 80 - 90% with three tabs open and viewing one youtube video in Firefox! shameful.

However, I do not know what I am doing whatsoever with Ubuntu. I would hit a wall every 5 minutes and I know what they say: "If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it." Is there any way all these hardware fixes could be put together into some kind of patch/installer program? I wouldn't mind contributing a reasonable amount ($) if it were possible. I know this sounds lazy but, as I said, by reading through these forums I have a snowball's chance of getting this up and running.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

thanks this help some

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Goldford View Post
    Hello All,

I am just getting to know this new laptop and want to wipe off Vista ASAP. The CPU load jumps to 80 - 90% with three tabs open and viewing one youtube video in Firefox! shameful.

However, I do not know what I am doing whatsoever with Ubuntu. I would hit a wall every 5 minutes and I know what they say: "If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it." Is there any way all these hardware fixes could be put together into some kind of patch/installer program? I wouldn't mind contributing a reasonable amount ($) if it were possible. I know this sounds lazy but, as I said, by reading through these forums I have a snowball's chance of getting this up and running.
    I suppose it would be possible, but it would be quite an undertaking, and it would change as updates come out. It would be difficult to maintain and hardware differences would pose a problem....
    I have thought about it myself, but I do not have enough time, and wouldn't have time to troubleshoot all the problems that would arise from it.
    It really doesn't take a whole lot of time to get most of it working.
    Mainly plug into an ethernet jack and update everything.
    Then use hardware drivers to get graphics and wireless.
    Then put the line

options snd-hda-intel model=hp

into /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

to get sound working.
    to get the tablet working follow my tutorial:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...47#post5469447

and that gets most everything working....
    When Intrepid comes out, I may undertake such a task if I have time, but I doubt I will...

Kory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast