SharpMusique has some odd quirks. In particular the download available on the nanocrew website does not correctly write the filename of the m4a file. JJ does not have time to update the program at the moment.
Following the hacks in the comments of the JJ's blog, I have hacked up a deb that correctly writes the filenames.
1. Download the source package from nanocrew and download and install JJ's snd123 package:
2. Unpack the SharpMusique archive:
sudo dpkg -i snd123_1.0.2-1_i386.deb
3. Install the mono C# compiler and other assorted packages:
tar zxvf sharpmusique-1.0.tar.gz
4. Save/overwrite the SharpMusique.cs file in the folder sharpmusique-1.0/src folder with the file in the attached archive.
sudo apt-get install mono-mcs binfmt-support libglade2-0 mono-common mono-jit libglade2.0-cil libglib2.0-cil libgtk2.0-cil mono-classlib-1.0 libgtk1.2-common libglib1.2 libgtk1.2 liba52-0.7.4 libaa1 libdvbpsi3 libtar liblircclient0 libwxgtk2.4-1 vlc wxvlc libvlc0-dev
5. Copy the libvlc.so file from /usr/lib/snd123 to the sharpmusique/libvlc folder. Run the following command in the sharpmusique-1.0 folder
./configure --prefix=/opt && make
6. Then issue the following command:
When it asks you for a package description enter the following:
Press enter twice. Then change the package information as per your preferences.
SharpMusique for iTunes 6.0
For some reason (I don't know why), you need to run sharpmusique with a strace prefix. Otherwise Sharpmusique hangs on login [Hattip: RAOF]
You may still get an error on logging in. Ignore this and login again (without exiting).
Hope this helps.