Thread: Conduit. How do I use it?

Beans

Conduit. How do I use it?

I've researched quite a bit. I've looked for how-to guides, videos, etc... I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right place (doubt it, my source is google) but I just can't find anything that helps me out.

How in the hell do you use this program? I understand dragging files and folders over, but... where do they sync to? I have a spare hard drive in my system... I know what I WANT to do, I just don't know how to do it with a GUI like this.

Maybe I should stick to rsyncing and CLI interface... at least, if the rsync would run through without bombarding me with errors...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Conduit. How do I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    How in the hell do you use this program? I understand dragging files and folders over, but... where do they sync to? I have a spare hard drive in my system... I know what I WANT to do, I just don't know how to do it with a GUI like this.
    Drag the Folder DataProvider to the right. Drag another Folder into the same group. Right-click both, select configure item and configure their names and folders. Select Synchronize all from the menu. That worked for me in a test run.

That said, if you just want to backup some files to another hard disk, rsync or backup software might be better, conduit is better for synchronizing between several computers and/or web services, especially for synching in both directions.

Beans

Re: Conduit. How do I use it?