Thread: Missing dlls?

Hybrid View

Beans

Missing dlls?

I'm new with wine and I'm not completely sure what the problem is. I think some of the dlls are missing. When I try to run any program, I get this error:

err:module:import_dll Library MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\distortion\\Desktop\\HackTheGame121\\H ackTheGame.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\distortion\\Desktop\\HackTheGame121\\H ackTheGame.exe" failed, status c0000135

I ran these programs a few days ago, including 7zip, Hack: The Game and Visual Basic Portable. All give me the same error now. I'm sorry if this is a newbish post but could someone tell me how to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Missing dlls?

I just downloaded Hack the game and got the same error.

Assuming you have a copy of Windows installed just copy the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSVBM60.dll (or whatever it's called) into /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32

If you don't have a copy of Windows: i'm not too Sure about thE legality of usiNg the winDows dll files, MaybE you could buy A copy of windows to solve your ProbleM

Beans

Put this in windows/system32, then try setting it to native and see what happens.

link

Beans

Ok thanks, I guess I'll just have to install windows on my other hard drive. The only thing I dont get is that it was just running. There wasnt one problem with it. And then it stopped and asked for the dll. But thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Beans

Um what, you don't need to install windows, it's so easy to find dll files. I gave you a link, here it is again:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?msvbvm60

I don't know why your thing broke, but probably you updated wine to a new version? If that's the case you can always delete your wine folder and reinstall everything with the old version.
    Last edited by Kinst; May 13th, 2008 at 02:08 AM.

Beans

Allright thanks alot. And I figured out that my friend updated the game on me. The older version runs fine. Sorry for the trouble.