Thread: Gnome Fast User Switcher Applet broken after update in Hardy

Beans

Gnome Fast User Switcher Applet broken after update in Hardy

My fast user switcher applet was working after my initial upgrade to Hardy last week. As of my update manager run this weekend, I no longer see users other than the current user in the drop down menu for switching to another user.

Beans

Re: Gnome Fast User Switcher Applet broken after update in Hardy

UPDATE - It shows all logged in users in the deskbar applet, (with a checkmark next to their names as always), but does not show users not logged in, which previously were visible without checkmarks next to their names. Fast user switching among active users works properly.

WORKAROUND - Use System... Quit... Switch User... and login as the desired user. Then both users should be available in the applet. If it's not appearing, or just as a keyboard shortcut, use ctl-atl + f7 and ctl-atl + f9 to switch between desktop sessions. Additional sessions should be created on f10+. If you've somehow changed your tty session settings to use something other than 6 tty terminals, cycle through the F1-F12 function keys while holding ctl-atl to see all available tty terminals and desktops and find yours.