Thread: Airport Woes in Ubuntu 8.04 PPC

Beans

Question Airport Woes in Ubuntu 8.04 PPC

Is there an update I should install for my Airport card after clean-installing 8.04? For some reason, when I boot into Ubuntu, the Airport card reads fine, and it does pick up nearby wireless networks, but when I try to connect to my own network, It continually asks for a passphrase.

My network does require one, so I submit it, and the image on the menubar spins, one dot (the one on the lower-left half) blinks green, the other stays grey. After waiting on this for a while. the same passphrase query pops up. This keeps on going.

Even at work, I can't connect, and that network doesn't even have a passkey. It doesn't broadcast, so I input the SSID and tell the ibook to connect, and it displays the same swirling logo, then nothing.

So, I'm stumped.

SPECS:
    Apple iBook G3 (800MHz)
    Dual Booting Ubuntu 8.04 and Mac OS X 10.3.9
    Airport Card: (802.11b)

Thanks in advance, folks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Airport Woes in Ubuntu 8.04 PPC

umm, make sure the firewall settings for the airport says "external zone"...
    Last edited by xikarrousx; May 12th, 2008 at 01:33 AM.

Beans

Do you mean the base station? I don't have an Airport Base Station. I've just got a Linksys.

Beans

Sorry, That was all my mistake, actually. Stupid me forgot it was a hex key.

pfft.

Proudly typing this in on my Ubuntu 8.04 iBook.

(it only boots Ubuntu now because PROSOFT's Drive Genius deleted my OSX partition when I tried to move free space around. friggen thing killed mac.