I have been trying to install real player using the following instructions:
1. Get the RPM for RealPlayer 11 Gold here. NOT Helix Player 11.
2. Using Synaptic Package Manager, install "alien" (or "sudo apt-get install alien" from the command line)
3. From a terminal, navigate to the location of the RPM file you just downloaded ("cd path/to/file")
4. In the terminal, type "alien HelixPlayer-188.8.131.5252-20080318.i586.rpm --scripts"
5. Exit the terminal. Open Places --> Home Folder, navigate to the location of the RPM and the new DEB file. Double-Click on the DEB file to install (Note: You may get a script error. It is safe to ignore the error)
6. The executable is /opt/helix/HelixPlayer/hxplayer
7. You may manually add it to your Applications Menu.
Where I get stuck is on Number 3. I have no idea where the RPM file is.