Thread: E1505 "Play/Pause" button

Beans

E1505 "Play/Pause" button

I have a Dell e1505n. Most of the multimedia keys in the front of the machine work well Banshee and Rhythmbox, but for some reason the "Play/Pause" button does not work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or could it be a hardware issue? To determine if it is a hardware issue, is there a terminal app that can print keystrokes as they come in?

Beans

Re: E1505 "Play/Pause" button

There is such a program, but I forgot its name. =P

Here's an alternative:

Go to System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

Click on the "Play/Pause" line (a sub-item of "Sound") and press your play/pause button. If it's working, the application should get the key code and associate it to the "Play/Pause" command correctly. If nothing happens, the button is not working or it was not recognized. I would guess the first, since it doesn't make much sense to recognize the other multimedia buttons.

Beans

Re: E1505 "Play/Pause" button

Quote Originally Posted by Keyper7 View Post
    There is such a program, but I forgot its name. =P

Here's an alternative:

Go to System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

Click on the "Play/Pause" line (a sub-item of "Sound") and press your play/pause button. If it's working, the application should get the key code and associate it to the "Play/Pause" command correctly. If nothing happens, the button is not working or it was not recognized. I would guess the first, since it doesn't make much sense to recognize the other multimedia buttons.
    I tried what you said. When I press the button, the key code is not recognized. The button itself must simply not work. Thanks alot!