Thread: your favorite todo list program?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

your favorite todo list program?

Looking for a good todo list program.
    What's your favorite?
    Ideally, I'd like something with the following features:

reminders
    hierarchical tasks (subtasks)
    tags (or multiple-category assignment)
    extended notes for a task

Bonus points if it's in the repos - but I'll consider out-of-repo FOSS if it's really nice.

Please post your suggestions and/or your own favorite todo list manager.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: your favorite todo list program?

Well... I use 'Remember the Milk" RTM for short.

Unfortunately I'm not sure it would meet your needs. It's an applet for AWN, I discovered it after installing the bzr version of AWN, which is not in the repos. I is perfect for my needs because it is actually web based. (the applet just signs in and can manipulate the list)

I can email tasks to it, prioritize them, and sort them into categories. It has a lot of other features, but I have not delved into it yet.

Here's the web site.

Check out the tour for a more complete list of what it does.

Only thing that might be a deal breaker on your part may be the subtasks, possibly the extended notes on a task. I haven't found a max length, but I haven't tried yet either.

Hope it helps,
    Leo

P.S. If you use Synaptic, which is in System->Administration->Synaptic, you can do a keyword search of all of the programs in the repos. Mindmapping programs may be able to help out with it, as could Tomboy, which is a note taking program that you can link notes like wikis. It's all in how you use them. Tomboy is install by default if i remember correctly. I use it for my college notes.

P.P.S Evolution has a task manager. Just click on the little arrow right by the new mail button. It will drop down a list and the last on is Tasks.
    Last edited by LeoSolaris; May 11th, 2008 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Discovered Evolution's task manager
    The angels have the phone box!

Beans

I just stick post it notes everywhere. Generally, if I'm at the computer, it's past the point where I can do what I was trying to remember to do.

Beans

I like Task Coach - taskcoach in Synaptic, I'm not sure which repository. It has categories, sub-tasks, priorities, task tree-view.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

thanks guys. i'll look into taskcoach
    also i'm checking out zim (a desktop wiki) and thinkingrock (a complete GTD solution).