Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1706

Thread: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

OK. So...
    - There is no more reference to an existing or non-existing default.pa file. It performs a "pulseaudio-equalizer status" operation.
    - I didn't make use of the write-equalizerrc feature since I prefer to start in a neutral position (zeros everywhere)
    - I separated in the GUI the two functions: (1)(enable, disable) and (2)(enable-config, disable-config)
    It means that you can select the "Keep config" option without necessarily starting the equalizer
    and as well you can deselect the "Keep config" option without stopping the equalizer
    I did this because it was easier for me (I'm not a programmer. In fact, this is my first java program...)
    - I've build a equalizer.jar and modified the install instructions.

The result is posted on the new thread and I will no more interfere in this one. My first post will be obsolete and will point to the new thread.
    Thanks and best regards.
    Steph
    Last edited by sbersier; November 5th, 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello!
    I boot Ubuntu 9.10 on LiveCD. There was no problems with play/capture sound on my notebook.
    I installed ubuntu on hard disc. And there is no sound capture... But playing sounds is ok in all applications. Updates from repo change nothing. Sound capture don't work. Capture monitor show nothing. All work when boot from LiveCD.
    There is bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/460351.
    I make all steps for Karmic Koala in first message this thread.
    Where is different in pulseaudio configuration at LiveCD and right after installation?
    What can I do for check the problem? I'll be glad any ideas!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

This is a great guide, and after following it, most of my sound problems were fixed. There is one problem though, and it's been following me since 8.10. I can't have multiple applications playing sound at the same time. I have to close Amarok to have sound on Firefox, and after following this guide, it worked (had Firefox, Amarok, and VLC), but after some logging in and out, this no longer works. Any ideas for what might be wrong? Thanks a lot. =]

Edit: Ok, it turns out that Firefox gets no sound at all, while VLC and Amarok can both have sound at the same time. Does this mean that Firefox isn't working with Pulseaudio??
    Last edited by gareim; November 6th, 2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Change in problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I 'theeeenk' I have followed most of the excellent guide, but before I go to the Equalizer bit I'd be grateful for comments on my 'Notes so far':-

Pulse Audio/Skype Problems
    Using Karmic on Acer Aspire 5735, 3GB RAM 250GB HDD.
    Skype seems to function OK, test call OK but when calling a contact can see and hear them (tho they can't hear me), but as soon as I switch my video on, we break contact.
    Sound Devices:-aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC268 Analog [ALC268 Analog]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    Verbose output:-
    ~$ pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vv
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
    D: core-rtclock.c: Timer slack is set to 50 us.
    I: core-util.c: Failed to acquire high-priority scheduling: No such file or directory
    I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.19
    D: main.c: Compilation host: i486-pc-linux-gnu
    D: main.c: Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2 -g -Wall -O3 -Wall -W -Wextra -pipe -Wno-long-long -Winline -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wundef -Wformat=2 -Wlogical-op -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Winit-self -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wcast-align -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-common -fdiagnostics-show-option
    D: main.c: Running on host: Linux i686 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009
    D: main.c: Found 2 CPUs.
    I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
    D: main.c: Compiled with Valgrind support: no
    D: main.c: Running in valgrind mode: no
    D: main.c: Optimized build: yes
    D: main.c: All asserts enabled.
    I: main.c: Machine ID is 4854c8e7f9f878813720c37a4a5e64a9.
    I: main.c: Session ID is 4854c8e7f9f878813720c37a4a5e64a9-1257450588.198234-2042037969.
    I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/ray/.pulse/4854c8e7f9f878813720c37a4a5e64a9-runtime.
    I: main.c: Using state directory /home/ray/.pulse.
    I: main.c: Using modules directory /usr/lib/pulse-0.9.19/modules.
    I: main.c: Running in system mode: no
    E: pid.c: Daemon already running.
    E: main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.
    Installed packages for equalizer:_
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    ttf-wqy-zenhei binutils-static
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    The following NEW packages will be installed
    ladspa-sdk swh-plugins
    0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 25 not upgraded.
    Need to get 541kB of archives.
    After this operation, 2,351kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get: 1 http://es.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe ladspa-sdk 1.1-6 [39.6kB]
    Get: 2 http://es.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe swh-plugins 0.4.15-2 [502kB]
    Fetched 541kB in 7s (73.9kB/s)
    Selecting previously deselected package ladspa-sdk.
    (Reading database ... 149319 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking ladspa-sdk (from .../ladspa-sdk_1.1-6_i386.deb) ...
    Selecting previously deselected package swh-plugins.
    Unpacking swh-plugins (from .../swh-plugins_0.4.15-2_i386.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for doc-base ...
    Processing 2 added doc-base file(s)...
    Registering documents with scrollkeeper...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    Setting up ladspa-sdk (1.1-6) ...

Setting up swh-plugins (0.4.15-2) ...
    sudo mv -$/home/ray/Downloads/pulseaudio-equalizer.sh /usr/local/bin

Skype test still functions OK.
    Acer Aspire 5735, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD + 2x2TB Seagate Expansion Drives

Beans
    Distro

After hibernating and waking again my system has now gone back to its old habits. Skype test voice is intermittent and a little 'crackly'. No response from either the internal mic or a plugged-in (jacks) headset.
    Since I have now failed to get Skype to work on both Jaunty and Karmic, either I'm doing something wrong (most likely) or there's a glitch of some kind in Skype or Ubuntu.
    Can anyone help please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Another user in need of pulseaudio assistance. I need streaming radio to write docs. Without music I wander the halls avoiding my work. I am no Linux Jedi and could use some help figuring this out. Thanks In advance.

Recently upgraded to 9.10 and find everything seems to be functioning except pulseadio which plays choppy/stuttering sounds.

My box is a Del Optiplex 755 running Windows Pro 5.1 (they make me) with VM server 1.0.5 (80187) hosting Ubuntu 9.10. I found info on ubuntu hosting windows vms but not the other way around. The problem looks to be accessing the virtual sound card but I am clueless on what to dig into next.

aplay -l
    card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 0: ES1371/1 [ES1371 DAC2/ADC]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 1: ES1371/2 [ES1371 DAC1]

pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vv
    I: core-util.c: Failed to acquire high-priority scheduling: No such file or directory
    D: main.c: Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2 -g -Wall -O3 -Wall -W -Wextra -pipe -Wno-long-long -Winline -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wundef -Wformat=2 -Wlogical-op -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Winit-self -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wcast-align -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-common -fdiagnostics-show-option
    D: main.c: Running on host: Linux i686 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009
    D: main.c: Found 1 CPUs.
    I: main.c: Machine ID is 2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6.
    I: main.c: Session ID is 2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-1257530575.722059-1229792856.
    I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-runtime.
    I: main.c: Using state directory /home/srp/.pulse.
    I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
    I: cpu-x86.c: CPU flags: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3
    I: svolume_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized functions.
    I: remap_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized remappers.
    I: svolume_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized functions.
    I: remap_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized remappers.
    I: sconv_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized conversions.
    D: memblock.c: Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each, total size is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65496
    D: database-tdb.c: Opened TDB database '/home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-device-volumes.tdb'
    I: module-device-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-device-volumes'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-device-restore" (index: #0; argument: "").
    D: database-tdb.c: Opened TDB database '/home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-stream-volumes.tdb'
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-stream-volumes'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-stream-restore" (index: #1; argument: "").
    D: database-tdb.c: Opened TDB database '/home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-card-database.tdb'
    I: module-card-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/srp/.pulse/2e8d1d8c5fbe5c88bf83dd24484509e6-card-database'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-card-restore" (index: #2; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-augment-properties" (index: #3; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9.19/modules/module-udev-detect.so': success
    D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes
    D: module-udev-detect.c: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/sound/card0 is busy: no
    D: module-udev-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-card with arguments 'device_id="0" name="pci-0000_00_12.0" card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_12.0" tsched=yes ignore_dB=no card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"'
    D: dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus session bus 2d0708ae7e5b1c8f8829a6944af464d0 as :1.93
    D: reserve-wrap.c: Successfully acquired reservation lock on device 'Audio0'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
    D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
    D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first, period size second.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
    I: alsa-util.c: Device hw:0 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 44099 Hz.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Stereo (analog-stereo)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open front:0
    D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
    I: alsa-util.c: Device front:0 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 44099 Hz.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Stereo (IEC95 (iec958-stereo)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot obtain info for CTL elem (PCM,'IEC958 Playback PCM Stream',0,0,0): No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device iec958:0: No such file or directory
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC95 (iec958-surround-40)
    I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot obtain info for CTL elem (PCM,'IEC958 Playback PCM Stream',0,0,0): No such file or directory
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Stereo (analog-stereo)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Stereo (IEC95 (iec958-stereo)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC95 (iec958-surround-40)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 4.0 (analog-surround-40)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround40:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot obtain info for CTL elem (MIXER,'AC97 2ch->4ch Copy Switch',0,0,0): No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device surround40:0: No such file or directory
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 4.0 (analog-surround-40)
    I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot obtain info for CTL elem (MIXER,'AC97 2ch->4ch Copy Switch',0,0,0): No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device surround40:0: No such file or directory
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 4.1 (analog-surround-41)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround41:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)conf.c: Unknown parameters 0
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM surround41:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device surround41:0: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 4.1 (analog-surround-41)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 5.0 (analog-surround-50)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround50:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM surround50:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device surround50:0: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 5.0 (analog-surround-50)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 5.1 (analog-surround-51)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround51:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM surround51:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device surround51:0: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 5.1 (analog-surround-51)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 7.1 (analog-surround-71)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround71:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM surround71:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device surround71:0: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 7.1 (analog-surround-71)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (IEC958) (iec958-stereo)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (IEC95 (iec958-stereo)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC95 (iec958-surround-40)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC95 (iec958-surround-40)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (HDMI) (hdmi-stereo)
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying hdmi:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM hdmi:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hdmi:0: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:iec958-surround-40
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:analog-mono
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile input:analog-mono supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:analog-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile input:analog-stereo supported.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:iec958-stereo
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:iec958-surround-40
    I: card.c: Created 0 "alsa_card.pci-0000_00_12.0"
    D: reserve-wrap.c: Successfully create reservation lock monitor for device 'Audio0'
    I: alsa-sink.c: Successfully opened device front:0.
    I: alsa-sink.c: Selected mapping 'Analog Stereo' (analog-stereo).
    I: alsa-sink.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    I: alsa-sink.c: Successfully enabled timer-based scheduling mode.
    I: (alsa-lib)control.c: Invalid CTL front:0
    I: alsa-mixer.c: Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory
    I: alsa-mixer.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-output'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-output-headphones'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'Headphone' failed.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-output-mono'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'Master Mono' failed.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-output-lfe-on-mono'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'Master Mono' failed.
    D: alsa-sink.c: Probed mixer paths:
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path Set 0x9538c38, direction=1, probed=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-output (Analog Output), direction=1, priority=100, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=63, min_dB=-129, max_dB=60
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Master, direction=1, switch=1, volume=1, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x3600000000f66, n_channels=2, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element PCM, direction=1, switch=1, volume=1, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x404f600000000f66, n_channels=2, override_map=yes
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo.
    I: sink.c: Created sink 0 "alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: sink.c: alsa.resolution_bits = "16"
    I: sink.c: device.api = "alsa"
    I: sink.c: device.class = "sound"
    I: sink.c: alsa.class = "generic"
    I: sink.c: alsa.subclass = "generic-mix"
    I: sink.c: alsa.name = "ES1371 DAC2/ADC"
    I: sink.c: alsa.id = "ES1371/1"
    I: sink.c: alsa.subdevice = "0"
    I: sink.c: alsa.subdevice_name = "subdevice #0"
    I: sink.c: alsa.device = "0"
    I: sink.c: alsa.card = "0"
    I: sink.c: alsa.card_name = "Ensoniq AudioPCI"
    I: sink.c: alsa.long_card_name = "Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371 at 0x1480, irq 19"
    I: sink.c: alsa.driver_name = "snd_ens1371"
    I: sink.c: device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:12.0"
    I: sink.c: sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/sound/card0"
    I: sink.c: device.bus = "pci"
    I: sink.c: device.vendor.id = "1274"
    I: sink.c: device.vendor.name = "Ensoniq"
    I: sink.c: device.product.id = "1371"
    I: sink.c: device.product.name = "ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]"
    I: sink.c: device.form_factor = "internal"
    I: sink.c: device.string = "front:0"
    I: sink.c: device.buffering.buffer_size = "65536"
    I: sink.c: device.buffering.fragment_size = "65536"
    I: sink.c: device.access_mode = "mmap+timer"
    I: sink.c: device.profile.name = "analog-stereo"
    I: sink.c: device.profile.description = "Analog Stereo"
    I: sink.c: device.description = "Internal Audio Analog Stereo"
    I: sink.c: alsa.mixer_name = "Cirrus Logic CS4297A rev 3"
    I: sink.c: alsa.components = "AC97a:43525913"
    I: sink.c: module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
    I: sink.c: device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
    D: core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
    I: source.c: Created source 0 "alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo.monitor" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: source.c: device.description = "Monitor of Internal Audio Analog Stereo"
    I: source.c: device.class = "monitor"
    I: source.c: alsa.card = "0"
    I: source.c: alsa.card_name = "Ensoniq AudioPCI"
    I: source.c: alsa.long_card_name = "Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371 at 0x1480, irq 19"
    I: source.c: alsa.driver_name = "snd_ens1371"
    I: source.c: device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:12.0"
    I: source.c: sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/sound/card0"
    I: source.c: device.bus = "pci"
    I: source.c: device.vendor.id = "1274"
    I: source.c: device.vendor.name = "Ensoniq"
    I: source.c: device.product.id = "1371"
    I: source.c: device.product.name = "ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]"
    I: source.c: device.form_factor = "internal"
    I: source.c: device.string = "0"
    I: source.c: module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
    I: source.c: device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
    I: alsa-sink.c: Using 1.0 fragments of size 65536 bytes (371.52ms), buffer size is 65536 bytes (371.52ms)
    I: alsa-sink.c: Time scheduling watermark is 20.00ms
    D: alsa-sink.c: hwbuf_unused=0
    D: alsa-sink.c: setting avail_min=15502
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Activating path analog-output
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-output (Analog Output), direction=1, priority=100, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=63, min_dB=-129, max_dB=60
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Master, direction=1, switch=1, volume=1, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x3600000000f66, n_channels=2, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element PCM, direction=1, switch=1, volume=1, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x404f600000000f66, n_channels=2, override_map=yes
    I: alsa-sink.c: Hardware volume ranges from -129.00 dB to 60.00 dB.
    I: alsa-sink.c: Fixing base volume to -60.00 dB
    I: alsa-sink.c: Using hardware volume control. Hardware dB scale supported.
    I: alsa-sink.c: Using hardware mute control.
    D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_dump():
    D: alsa-util.c: Hardware PCM card 0 'Ensoniq AudioPCI' device 0 subdevice 0
    D: alsa-util.c: Its setup is:
    D: alsa-util.c: stream : PLAYBACK
    D: alsa-util.c: access : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    D: alsa-util.c: format : S16_LE
    D: alsa-util.c: subformat : STD
    D: alsa-util.c: channels : 2
    D: alsa-util.c: rate : 44100
    D: alsa-util.c: exact rate : 44101 (1445100000/3276
    D: alsa-util.c: msbits : 16
    D: alsa-util.c: buffer_size : 16384
    D: alsa-util.c: period_size : 16384
    D: alsa-util.c: period_time : 371510
    D: alsa-util.c: tstamp_mode : ENABLE
    D: alsa-util.c: period_step : 1
    D: alsa-util.c: avail_min : 16384
    D: alsa-util.c: period_event : 0
    D: alsa-util.c: start_threshold : -1
    D: alsa-util.c: stop_threshold : 1073741824
    D: alsa-util.c: silence_threshold: 0
    D: alsa-util.c: silence_size : 0
    D: alsa-util.c: boundary : 1073741824
    D: alsa-util.c: appl_ptr : 0
    D: alsa-util.c: hw_ptr : 0
    D: alsa-sink.c: Thread starting up
    I: core-util.c: Successfully enabled SCHED_RR scheduling for thread, with priority 4, which is lower than the requested 5.
    D: alsa-sink.c: Requested volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
    D: alsa-sink.c: Got hardware volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
    D: alsa-sink.c: Calculated software volume: 0: 100% 1: 100% (accurate-enough=yes)
    I: alsa-sink.c: Starting playback.
    D: alsa-sink.c: Cutting sleep time for the initial iterations by half.
    I: alsa-source.c: Successfully opened device front:0.
    I: alsa-source.c: Selected mapping 'Analog Stereo' (analog-stereo).
    I: alsa-source.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    I: alsa-source.c: Successfully enabled timer-based scheduling mode.
    I: (alsa-lib)control.c: Invalid CTL front:0
    I: alsa-mixer.c: Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory
    I: alsa-mixer.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-input'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'Mic' failed.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-input-microphone'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-input-linein'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-input-video'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-input-video'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'TV Tuner' failed.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probing path 'analog-input-radio'
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'FM' failed.
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Probe of element 'Mic/Line' failed.
    D: alsa-source.c: Probed mixer paths:
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path Set 0x954b008, direction=2, probed=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-input-microphone (Analog Microphone), direction=2, priority=100, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=15, min_dB=0, max_dB=22.5
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Capture, direction=2, switch=1, volume=1, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x4037e00000000f66, n_channels=2, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Mic, direction=2, switch=1, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=4, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Line, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Aux, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Video, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-input-linein (Analog Line-In), direction=2, priority=90, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=15, min_dB=0, max_dB=22.5
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Capture, direction=2, switch=1, volume=1, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x4037e00000000f66, n_channels=2, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Mic, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Line, direction=2, switch=1, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=4, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Aux, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Video, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-input (Analog Input), direction=2, priority=90, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=15, min_dB=0, max_dB=22.5
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Mic, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Line, direction=2, switch=2, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=0, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=no
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Aux, direction=2, switch=1, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=4, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-input-video (Analog Video), direction=2, priority=70, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=15, min_dB=0, max_dB=22.5
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Video, direction=2, switch=1, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=4, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=yes
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Added 4 ports
    I: source.c: Created source 1 "alsa_input.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: source.c: alsa.resolution_bits = "16"
    I: source.c: device.api = "alsa"
    I: source.c: device.class = "sound"
    I: source.c: alsa.class = "generic"
    I: source.c: alsa.subclass = "generic-mix"
    I: source.c: alsa.name = "ES1371 DAC2/ADC"
    I: source.c: alsa.id = "ES1371/1"
    I: source.c: alsa.subdevice = "0"
    I: source.c: alsa.subdevice_name = "subdevice #0"
    I: source.c: alsa.device = "0"
    I: source.c: alsa.card = "0"
    I: source.c: alsa.card_name = "Ensoniq AudioPCI"
    I: source.c: alsa.long_card_name = "Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371 at 0x1480, irq 19"
    I: source.c: alsa.driver_name = "snd_ens1371"
    I: source.c: device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:12.0"
    I: source.c: sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/sound/card0"
    I: source.c: device.bus = "pci"
    I: source.c: device.vendor.id = "1274"
    I: source.c: device.vendor.name = "Ensoniq"
    I: source.c: device.product.id = "1371"
    I: source.c: device.product.name = "ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]"
    I: source.c: device.form_factor = "internal"
    I: source.c: device.string = "front:0"
    I: source.c: device.buffering.buffer_size = "65536"
    I: source.c: device.buffering.fragment_size = "65536"
    I: source.c: device.access_mode = "mmap+timer"
    I: source.c: device.profile.name = "analog-stereo"
    I: source.c: device.profile.description = "Analog Stereo"
    I: source.c: device.description = "Internal Audio Analog Stereo"
    I: source.c: alsa.mixer_name = "Cirrus Logic CS4297A rev 3"
    I: source.c: alsa.components = "AC97a:43525913"
    I: source.c: module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
    I: source.c: device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
    I: alsa-source.c: Using 1.0 fragments of size 65536 bytes (371.52ms), buffer size is 65536 bytes (371.52ms)
    I: alsa-source.c: Time scheduling watermark is 20.00ms
    D: alsa-source.c: hwbuf_unused=0
    D: alsa-source.c: setting avail_min=15502
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Activating path analog-input-microphone
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Path analog-input-microphone (Analog Microphone), direction=2, priority=100, probed=yes, supported=yes, has_mute=yes, has_volume=yes, has_dB=yes, min_volume=0, max_volume=15, min_dB=0, max_dB=22.5
    D: alsa-mixer.c: Element Mic, direction=2, switch=1, volume=0, enumeration=0, required=4, required_absent=0, mask=0x0, n_channels=0, override_map=yes
    I: alsa-source.c: Hardware volume ranges from 0.00 dB to 22.50 dB.
    I: alsa-source.c: Fixing base volume to -22.50 dB
    I: alsa-source.c: Using hardware volume control. Hardware dB scale supported.
    I: alsa-source.c: Using hardware mute control.
    D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_dump():
    D: alsa-util.c: Hardware PCM card 0 'Ensoniq AudioPCI' device 0 subdevice 0
    D: alsa-util.c: Its setup is:
    D: alsa-util.c: stream : CAPTURE
    D: alsa-util.c: access : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    D: alsa-util.c: format : S16_LE
    D: alsa-util.c: subformat : STD
    D: alsa-util.c: channels : 2
    D: alsa-util.c: rate : 44099
    D: alsa-util.c: exact rate : 44099.8 (1572864000/35666)
    D: alsa-util.c: msbits : 16
    D: alsa-util.c: buffer_size : 16384
    D: alsa-util.c: period_size : 16384
    D: alsa-util.c: period_time : 371519
    D: alsa-util.c: tstamp_mode : ENABLE
    D: alsa-util.c: period_step : 1
    D: alsa-util.c: avail_min : 16384
    D: alsa-util.c: period_event : 0
    D: alsa-util.c: start_threshold : -1
    D: alsa-util.c: stop_threshold : 1073741824
    D: alsa-util.c: silence_threshold: 0
    D: alsa-util.c: silence_size : 0
    D: alsa-util.c: boundary : 1073741824
    D: alsa-util.c: appl_ptr : 0
    D: alsa-util.c: hw_ptr : 0
    D: alsa-source.c: Thread starting up
    I: core-util.c: Successfully enabled SCHED_RR scheduling for thread, with priority 4, which is lower than the requested 5.
    D: alsa-source.c: Read hardware volume: 0: 42% 1: 42%
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-card" (index: #4; argument: "device_id="0" name="pci-0000_00_12.0" card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_12.0" tsched=yes ignore_dB=no card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"").
    I: module-udev-detect.c: Card /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/sound/card0 (alsa_card.pci-0000_00_12.0) module loaded.
    I: module-udev-detect.c: Found 1 cards.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-udev-detect" (index: #5; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9.19/modules/module-bluetooth-discover.so': failure
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9.19/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
    D: alsa-sink.c: Wakeup from ALSA!
    I: alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 30.00 ms
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #6; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #7; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9.19/modules/module-gconf.so': success
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 40.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 50.00 ms
    D: module-gconf.c: Loading module 'module-zeroconf-discover' with args '' due to GConf configuration.
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 60.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 70.00 ms
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-zeroconf-discover" (index: #8; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #9; argument: "").
    I: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default sink 'alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo'.
    I: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default source 'alsa_input.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #10; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #11; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-always-sink" (index: #12; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-intended-roles" (index: #13; argument: "").
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo becomes idle, timeout in 5 seconds.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo becomes idle, timeout in 5 seconds.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #14; argument: "").
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 80.00 ms
    D: dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus system bus 66f6628bed0b768fa7352fdc4af46478 as :1.95
    I: client.c: Created 0 "ConsoleKit Session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session2"
    D: module-console-kit.c: Added new session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session2
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-console-kit" (index: #15; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #16; argument: "").
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 90.00 ms
    D: main.c: Got org.pulseaudio.Server!
    I: main.c: Daemon startup complete.
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 100.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 110.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 120.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 130.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 140.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 150.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 160.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 170.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 180.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 190.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 200.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 210.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 220.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 230.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 240.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 250.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 260.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 270.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 280.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 290.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 300.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 310.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 320.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 330.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 340.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 350.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 360.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 361.52 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 1.00 ms
    D: alsa-sink.c: setting avail_min=442
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 2.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 4.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 8.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 16.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 26.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 36.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 46.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 56.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 66.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 76.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 86.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 96.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 106.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 116.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 126.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 136.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 146.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 156.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 166.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 176.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 186.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 196.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 206.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 216.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 226.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 236.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 246.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 256.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 266.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 276.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 286.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 296.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 306.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 316.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 326.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 336.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 346.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 356.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 366.00 ms
    I: alsa-sink.c: Increasing minimal latency to 371.52 ms
    I: client.c: Created 1 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    D: protocol-native.c: Protocol version: remote 16, local 16
    I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=1000 gid=1000 success=1
    D: protocol-native.c: SHM possible: yes
    D: protocol-native.c: Negotiated SHM: yes
    D: module-augment-properties.c: Looking for .desktop file for gnome-settings-daemon
    E: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write!
    E: alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_ens1371'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
    E: alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.
    I: client.c: Created 2 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    D: protocol-native.c: Protocol version: remote 16, local 16
    I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=1000 gid=1000 success=1
    D: protocol-native.c: SHM possible: yes
    D: protocol-native.c: Negotiated SHM: yes
    D: module-augment-properties.c: Looking for .desktop file for gnome-volume-control-applet
    W: ratelimit.c: 838 events suppressed
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo idle for too long, suspending ...
    D: source.c: Suspend cause of source alsa_input.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo is 0x0004, suspending
    I: alsa-source.c: Device suspended...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo idle for too long, suspending ...
    D: sink.c: Suspend cause of sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_12.0.analog-stereo is 0x0004, suspending
    I: alsa-sink.c: Device suspended...
    D: reserve-wrap.c: Device lock status of reserve-monitor-wrapper@Audio0 changed: not busy

Beans
    Distro

Further to the above I have read, and posted a comment on the Bug #460351 in pulseaudio..... thread.

Beans

I don't understand why I can't install a new version of Linux and have sound and the screen resolution Just Work (tm).

Don't listen to those people telling you how wonderful this guide is. The guide *doesn't work*. pavucontrol says cannot connect, and running pulseaudio first gets a "address already in use error". Do you actually know what you're talking about?

jasmine@monkies:~$ pavucontrol

(pavucontrol:3109): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_main_quit: assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed
    jasmine@monkies:~$ pulseaudio & pavucontrol
    [1] 3115
    E: socket-server.c: bind(): Address already in use
    E: module.c: Failed to load module "module-esound-protocol-unix" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
    E: main.c: Module load failed.
    E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

(pavucontrol:3116): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_main_quit: assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed
    [1]+ Exit 1 pulseaudio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

I encourage everyone to upgrade to Karmic, so that we can make this guide definitely obsolete. PulseAudio is working fine in my box. I found out that Aqualung can definitely use the equalizer plugins to boost your sound. Funny enough, it is the same multi-band equalizer used by this guide. Aqualung has a graphical UI with sliders for the equalizer. Anyways if you are not a Aqualung fan, you can use the java UI provided in the mentioned post.

Beans

I use Karmic, and my sound doesn't work. I've turned up every single audio bar as high as it can go, but theres no use. There isn't any sound at all.

lplay -l

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC268 Analog [ALC268 Analog]
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 6: Si3054 Modem [Si3054 Modem]
    Subdevices: 0/1

pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vv

D: main.c: Found 2 CPUs.
    I: main.c: Machine ID is 061fc23bd95b07eac51c13ce4ab52da0.
    I: main.c: Session ID is 061fc23bd95b07eac51c13ce4ab52da0-1257693427.205161-1713632306.
    I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/saronn/.pulse/061fc23bd95b07eac51c13ce4ab52da0-runtime.
    I: main.c: Using state directory /home/saronn/.pulse.
    E: pid.c: Daemon already running.
    E: main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.

Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast