Page 91 of 171 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Quote Originally Posted by sirjeppe View Post
    I have tried to follow this guide but fails on step 5 in part A... No output devices is shown in the list - so I can (obviously) not get any connection between pulseaudio and my hardware (M-Audio Delta 66)... Sound is working fine in Amarok when set to OSS, but how do I get pulseaudio to recognize my sound card?
    PulseAudio requires direct access to your sound card. Ensure that other applications or system daemons (e.g. MPD) aren't accessing the sound card.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by imretokyo View Post
    The game let me to change only the volume of the audio. and i dont use wine for it.
    A quick google indicates that Warzone uses the SDL libraries for audio. Did you follow this guide properly, ensuring to install the libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio package? The libsdl1.2debian-alsa libraries (installed by default) work with PulseAudio, but exhibit the same symptoms you described.

I suggest you check the SDL libraries and also check other SDL-based games (e.g. neverball).

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Tsu Dho Nimh View Post
    I was running Ubuntu 8.04 with no audio problems ... then the mobo fried.

New mobo is an XFX Motherboard Series with Chipset/VGA NVIDIA GeForce 8200 and I am using its built-in sound output ports.

The new motherboard, even after following the steps above, has extremely poor sound quality. With the PulseAudio volume set at 100% I can faintly hear music over a buzzing, almost jack-hammering interference buzz. MP3s and WAV files I listened to before the mobo change are much worse now.

Any suggestions?
    Part C, Step 3.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kylea View Post
    I have Pulseaudio working fine on Interpid ibex - other than for Skype 2.0.0.72

I have to kill Pulseaudio to use Skype and then restart Pulseaudio. I have created two buttons to achieve this. Should this still be the case with version 2.0.0.72 of Skype.

I am sorry if this has been answered before, however there are so many posts on this matters its quite difficult to know whats relevant and correct.

Sometimes I can leave Pulse running and as long as all other audio sources are stopped, Skype is happy. I have all my Skype audio settings set to: HDA Intel (hw:intel,0), but even if I change them as suggested to Pulse it makes no difference and mostly I cannot make a call.
    Configuring Skype is *vital*. If it is allowed to gain direct access to your sound card, it will block PulseAudio upon any sound event (e.g. an incoming call). If you can keep Skype running in the tray for hours without issue, that's only because Skype did not attempt to play a sound while the PulseAudio server was active - essentially, good timing.

I may have committed a mistake in the guide (mixing Sound In for Sound Out), so try to alternate between the choices. As soon I as I have access to my Ubuntu partition I will verify the correct instructions and amend the guide .
    Last edited by psyke83; December 3rd, 2008 at 03:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thanks, i was looking for something just like this!

Beans

New user, old problem:

Quote Originally Posted by Volume Control
    "No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found"
    Quote Originally Posted by pulseaudio -vv
    Code:
    I: main.c: PolicyKit refuses acquire-high-priority privilige.
    I: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time/high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary priviliges:
    I: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt' and PolicyKit refuse to grant us priviliges. Dropping SUID again.
    I: main.c: For enabling real-time scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit priviliges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
    I: main.c: Note that real-time/high-priority scheduling is NOT normally required. If you experience crackling or other sound anomalies, consider one or more of the above solutions.
    I: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but now allowed by policy. Disabling forcibly.
    W: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
    W: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
    W: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.10
    I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
    I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-hal-detect.so': success
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Trying capability alsa
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Trying capability oss
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Loaded 0 modules.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-hal-detect" (index: #0; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #1; argument: "").
    I: protocol-native.c: loading cookie from disk.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #2; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-gconf.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #3; argument: "").
    I: module-volume-restore.c: starting with empty ruleset.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-volume-restore" (index: #4; argument: "").
    D: module-default-device-restore.c: No previous default sink setting, ignoring.
    D: module-default-device-restore.c: No previous default source setting, ignoring.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #5; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #6; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #7; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-x11-publish.so': success
    D: module-x11-publish.c: using already loaded auth cookie.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-x11-publish" (index: #8; argument: "").
    I: main.c: Daemon startup complete.
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    I: client.c: Created 0 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=1000 gid=1000 success=1
    I: protocol-native.c: Enabled SHM for new connection
    I: client.c: Client 0 changed name from "Native client (UNIX socket client)" to "gnome-volume-control"
    I: client.c: Freed 0 "gnome-volume-control"
    I: protocol-native.c: connection died.
    Quote Originally Posted by aplay -l
    aplay: device_list:215: no soundcards found...
    And in Sound Preferences (on "Autodetect"):
    Quote Originally Posted by Test
    audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument
    But
    Quote Originally Posted by lspci -vnnn
    Code:
    00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller [1106:3059] (rev 60)
    	Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device [1462:5901]
    	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
    	I/O ports at c000 [size=256]
    	Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
    I followed the PulseAudio guide, but I can only select "Default" in PulseAudio's device selection.

This is Intrepid (8.10) 686, after upgrading from 8.04. In fact, it worked fine with every other release since Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS) and only Intrepid managed to kill it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

This worked the first time I used the guide.

Recently I did some updates, lost my sound, followed the instructions again. It worked for my media player (Amarok) but I'm not hearing anything from Firefox/You Tube.

When I bring up Pavucontrol, I can see playback for Amarok (that's how I got it working) but when I have a YouTube video playing, it flickers in and out, never long enough for me to configure it.

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Beans

Thanks for the guide! I managed to get PulseAudio running, even with Skype. My main purpose was to try and get my bluetooth headset to work. I tried everything I could and hope Pulse would do the trick. I could not be that lucky, though. My on-board Bluetooth-tx sees and pairs the device and connects. I just can't get any audio to or from the headset. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi! I followed your how-to. synaptic sais libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio is installed, libsdl1.2debian-alsa libraries is not installed.
    i tried everball. no problem with sound or video. hmm.

it can be a difficult thing, since i was already tried to find an answear to this issue, the majority of the people with problem with warzone reported no sound at all, but those problem was solved as i saw. and just a few of the people had the same problem as i have, but i didnt find any answear what could help them(or me) yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support (Hardy Heron)

thanks pske83, it works

Page 91 of 171 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast