Page 90 of 171 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Quote Originally Posted by happytechie View Post
    OK I'm not geting any sound following an upgrade from hardy to intrepid. I'll I get is static clicking noises when sound is playing.

I've followed the instructions in the opening post of this thread and everything seems the same.
    Your PCM volume is muted/set to 0%. It's covered by Part C, Step 3.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by BeShrewd View Post
    Thanks for the help!

So now it's mostly working, Exaile, Totem, VLC... they're all playing out of the SB Live! like I configured in Pulse.

Two things are still amiss:
    1. For some reason Firefox (streaming sound and such) is still working out of the on-board card
    2. The front panel and the card at the PCI work simultaneously instead of the former taking over once a headset is connected to it.

Note:
    The line you marked in blue was a bit different from what it should have shown
    Code:
    load-module module-alsa-sink device=equalizer
    With no Hash symbol at the begining...
    1. Delete ~/.pulse/volume-restore.table and restart PulseAudio.
    2. Are you sure that's a PulseAudio problem? You may need to change a kernel option for the ALSA driver, or else you chose the wrong output device.

If you enabled the equalizer, you must change the default sound device in a different way. You shouldn't edit /etc/pulse/default.pa (the line still say "device=equalized"); instead, edit ~/.asoundrc and amend the text I marked in blue in the guide, and determine the proper device in the same way I mentioned in my earlier post.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jirwin View Post
    Oh, I need some advice. Loving Ubuntu so far but I can't get sounds from the system, applications, flash, nothing. I followed the steps from the tutorial, still no sound.

Here's my info, if you could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful, thanks............

The applications do not play audio and do list an entry in the Playback tab of the Pulse Audio Device Chooser
    Part C, Step 3.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by diwas View Post
    Thank you...this works flawlessly for me...(intrepid).
    And i kinda like the equalised sound. But is there any way that i cud manually change the equaliser setting?? I mean like increasing Bass...or decreasing treble...??

Thank you.
    Yes it's possible, but consider it a DIY job.

Read the text contained within ~/.asoundrc, and pay attention to the "controls".

Now, look at the output for the equalizer plugin that's used by this guide:
    Code:
    analyseplugin /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so
    Note that changes don't take effect immediately; you'll need to restart PulseAudio.

Alternatively, disable the equalizer in PulseAudio (simply comment the line in /etc/pulse/default.pa), and using Audacious (with the extra plugins installed), enable the same LADSPA plugin, play some music and tweak the equalizer to your taste.

When you're finished, make a note of the LADSPA controls, input them into ~/.asoundrc, and re-enable the equalizer via /etc/pulse/default.pa.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    Your PCM volume is muted/set to 0%. It's covered by Part C, Step 3.
    so it was, all working now, thanks for your time ;D

Beans

i am also working with the same with this type of audio system. testing enable me to find out the faults and wrong connection.

===========
    shanker

Link Building

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello there!

ubuntu intrepid i386 laptop.
    everything working fine exept a game called warzone. I have audio, but it is chopping(is it the correct word?) w-e-ll, so-und-s li-ke th-i-s. Refering the Part C appendix A troubleshooting part.
    in the playback tab is warzone appearing and dissapearing every milisecound syncron with the m-u-sic o-r vo-i-ce what came out frome the game. The video is great. so i can play if i dont need the sound, but i need.
    So i didnt see any suggestion for this kind of problem in your list so i wondering if you have any idea.

aplay -l

card 0: I82801DBICH4 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel 82801DB-ICH4]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: I82801DBICH4 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4 - IEC958]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vv

I: main.c: PolicyKit refuses acquire-high-priority privilige.
    I: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time/high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary priviliges:
    I: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt' and PolicyKit refuse to grant us priviliges. Dropping SUID again.
    I: main.c: For enabling real-time scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit priviliges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
    I: main.c: Note that real-time/high-priority scheduling is NOT normally required. If you experience crackling or other sound anomalies, consider one or more of the above solutions.
    I: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but now allowed by policy. Disabling forcibly.
    W: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
    W: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
    W: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.10
    I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
    I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-hal-detect.so': success
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Trying capability alsa
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_alsa_timer
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_alsa_sequencer
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_4
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_3
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_2
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_1
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-sink with arguments 'device_id=0 sink_name=alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_a lsa_playback_0'
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0...
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Successfully opened device front:0.
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    ALSA lib control.c:909snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL front:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'
    I: alsa-util.c: Using mixer control "Master".
    I: sink.c: Created sink 0 "alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playb ack_0" with sample spec "s16le 2ch 44100Hz"
    I: source.c: Created source 0 "alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playb ack_0.monitor" with sample spec "s16le 2ch 44100Hz"
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Using 8 fragments of size 1760 bytes.
    I: alsa-util.c: All 2 channels can be mapped to mixer channels. Using hardware volume control.
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: Thread starting up
    D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+29
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Starting playback.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-sink" (index: #0; argument: "device_id=0 sink_name=alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_a lsa_playback_0").
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-source with arguments 'device_id=0 source_name=alsa_input.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_ alsa_capture_0'
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0...
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Successfully opened device front:0.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    ALSA lib control.c:909snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL front:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'
    I: alsa-util.c: Using mixer control "Capture".
    I: source.c: Created source 1 "alsa_input.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_captur e_0" with sample spec "s16le 2ch 44100Hz"
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Using 8 fragments of size 1760 bytes.
    I: alsa-util.c: All 2 channels can be mapped to mixer channels. Using hardware volume control.
    D: module-alsa-source.c: Thread starting up
    D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+28
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-source" (index: #1; argument: "device_id=0 source_name=alsa_input.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_ alsa_capture_0").
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_control__1
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Loaded 2 modules.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-hal-detect" (index: #2; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #3; argument: "").
    I: protocol-native.c: loading cookie from disk.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #4; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-gconf.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #5; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-volume-restore" (index: #6; argument: "").
    D: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default sink 'alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playb ack_0'.
    D: core-subscribe.c: dropped redundant event.
    D: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default source 'alsa_input.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_captur e_0'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #7; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #8; argument: "").
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playba ck_0 becomes idle.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playba ck_0.monitor becomes idle.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_capture _0 becomes idle.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #9; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-x11-publish.so': success
    D: module-x11-publish.c: using already loaded auth cookie.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-x11-publish" (index: #10; argument: "").
    I: main.c: Daemon startup complete.
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_capture _0 idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Device suspended...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playba ck_0.monitor idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playba ck_0 idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Device suspended...
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by imretokyo View Post
    Hello there!

ubuntu intrepid i386 laptop.
    everything working fine exept a game called warzone. I have audio, but it is chopping(is it the correct word?) w-e-ll, so-und-s li-ke th-i-s. Refering the Part C appendix A troubleshooting part.
    in the playback tab is warzone appearing and dissapearing every milisecound syncron with the m-u-sic o-r vo-i-ce what came out frome the game. The video is great. so i can play if i dont need the sound, but i need.
    So i didnt see any suggestion for this kind of problem in your list so i wondering if you have any idea.
    Have you tried finding the audio settings in the game options and changing them around? Most games that run natively will default to ALSA for some reason and you have to change them to PulseAudio yourself. If the game is running under WINE, make sure WINE is either set to use ALSA or OSS. In the later case, be sure to launch WINE with the "padsp" wrapper, to allow it to be caught by PulseAudio.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The game let me to change only the volume of the audio. and i dont use wine for it.

Beans

Thank you my lord

Page 90 of 171 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast