Page 41 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support (Hardy Heron)

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinB View Post
    I want to ask before I do anything, can this guide fix my problem in Flash/Firefox where I cannot play music and have a flash object with sound open at the same time? What about the problem I have where if I play any flash object with sound and close it and try to open a movie or play some music the sound will not work?
    Are you using Ubuntu 64bit? The simple answer to your question is "yes" with a caveat.

Flash 9 needs the support library "libflashsupport" to enable PulseAudio support (to allow Flash and other applications to play sounds simultaneously), but it can introduce instability - you will notice Flash content "cutting out" randomly on websites.

Flash 10 works with PulseAudio, but there is a critical bug in Firefox exposed in this version of Flash, causing many websites to crash (unrelated to PulseAudio). There's no easy solution that works 100% reliably, until Firefox 3.0.2 is released.
    Last edited by psyke83; July 20th, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Well as he said in the OP I can always just reload the page if flash doesn't load, right? I can do that until Firefox 3.0.2 is released. As long as my main problem with playing flash with sound and then closing Firefox and trying to open music or a movie will not have sound therefore requiring me to restart if I want to play my media is fixed I am good.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinB View Post
    Well as he said in the OP I can always just reload the page if flash doesn't load, right? I can do that until Firefox 3.0.2 is released.
    That's why I asked if you're using 64bit Ubuntu (I can only tell that your CPU is 64bit from your signature). If you're using 32bit, then yes, a page reload will work. If you're using 64 bit, a page reload won't work (you'll need to restart Firefox). Only the newest development build of nspluginwrapper (1.1.0) supports plugin auto-restart, and nobody has built a 64bit package yet. No, I can't do it.

Beans

When I played music over MPD I couldn't play music on Rhythmbox or Firefox and vice versa.
    I decided to remove pulseaudio but that didn't solve the problem.
    Maybe I haven't completely removed pulseaudio and that's why I still have this problem?
    I only uninstalled the packages.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sistoviejo View Post
    When I played music over MPD I couldn't play music on Rhythmbox or Firefox and vice versa.
    I decided to remove pulseaudio but that didn't solve the problem.
    Maybe I haven't completely removed pulseaudio and that's why I still have this problem?
    I only uninstalled the packages.
    PulseAudio is integrated into the Hardy release, so you can't remove it without losing some functionality. I can't and won't support that kind of action, so you're on your own .

If you do decide to install PulseAudio again, you need to configure MPD properly. See here: http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/PulseAudio

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    If you do decide to install PulseAudio again, you need to configure MPD properly.
    No way!! I'm happier with ALSA.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    That's why I asked if you're using 64bit Ubuntu (I can only tell that your CPU is 64bit from your signature). If you're using 32bit, then yes, a page reload will work. If you're using 64 bit, a page reload won't work (you'll need to restart Firefox). Only the newest development build of nspluginwrapper (1.1.0) supports plugin auto-restart, and nobody has built a 64bit package yet. No, I can't do it.
    Sorry I didn't answer that before, I use 32bit. So I can use the new nspluginwrapper and use autorestart, right? Thank you for the help.

Beans
    Hidden!

I have to give you a big thanks for this guide, Flash now seems to work without any problems and I can play more than one audio source at once. I followed to Multimedia Guide before to install Flash 10 but now Flash 9 is working even better than ever for me. One of my big complaints when using Ubuntu is gone. Now I can also safely recommend it to a friend.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok, I met my first problem. Whenever a flash object can't run it restarts, all good. But it restarts the entire Firefox. I keep loosing all the tabs I have open to this. I think it may be because of the dev release of nspluginwrapper. I'll check it out, if anyone has any info on this I'll be very glad. EDIT: I can't seem to find/install an older version of nspluginwrapper. I'll reinstall it and see what happens. Hopefully I might be able to do something right this time. EDIT: I seem to have messed up my flash plugin somehow, no matter how many times i reinstall and uninstall it doesn't work. If I can get it back to the way it was before I started I'll be good to go. EDIT: I kinda have it half working now. BTW, if anyone references the xkcd comic I will kill them.
    Last edited by keiichidono; July 21st, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

Beans

Hey,
    I tried this "HOW-TO" and it only partly works. Sound works but my internal mic ins`t working anymore. But some how it also works when i use the skype-static-oss version. If i try to record via the ubuntu recording tool it says "Internal Error with Dataflow"(free translated from German^^) and also "subclass did not specify output size". Does anybody else have this problem? How to solve it?
    Im using a Sony Vaio VGN SZ61 MN/b with Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 64-bit

Page 41 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast