Page 148 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1706

Thread: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Beans

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

My pulseaudio on Jaunty was fixed a while ago, one of the required steps being upgrading ALSA to 1.0.20. But every once in a while system updates reverts my ALSA to 1.0.18....

How should I stop this updates?

Thanks!
    Ubuntu 10.04 on HP Pavilion dv6000 and m9340f
    Ubuntu 9.10 on HP dv-3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kakyoism View Post
    My pulseaudio on Jaunty was fixed a while ago, one of the required steps being upgrading ALSA to 1.0.20. But every once in a while system updates reverts my ALSA to 1.0.18....

How should I stop this updates?

Thanks!
    That's beyond the scope of this guide. If you're performing a manual compile/install of ALSA, then you're circumventing Ubuntu's packaging system. You simply shouldn't do this.

If you can install the ALSA libraries from Karmic without dependency issues, that's an alternative (but it's still risky, and you'll probably need to use a more recent kernel with matching ALSA kernel modules).

If you insist on using ALSA compiled from source, lock the libasound2* libraries in Synaptic to prevent future updates. IMHO, it's not worth the hassle.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I am having a small problem getting audio of any sort to work. Using a fresh install of Jaunty, I have absolutely no sounds, save for system beeps. I followed the instructions in part A, to no avail. When I get to the final bit and try to run pulse audio manually, I get this error:

Code:
    I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
    N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
    N: main.c: For enabling real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
    E: socket-server.c: bind(): Address already in use
    E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-esound-protocol-unix" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
    E: main.c: Module load failed.
    E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
    Which is promptly followed by two connection failed : connection refused pop ups.

I type in aplay -l and get this:

Code:
    aplay: device_list:217: no soundcards found...
    And here is my sound card in lspci -v:

Code:
    02:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. VT1720/24 [Envy24PT/HT] PCI Multi-Channel Audio Controller (rev 01)
    	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
    	I/O ports at c000 [size=32]
    	I/O ports at c400 [size=128]
    	Capabilities: <access denied>
    	Kernel modules: snd-ice1724
    All my bios settings are fine, and I did have audio when I was running hardy on this system. Has my chipset lost support in Jaunty?

Oh, and alsamixer is out of the question as well:

Code:
    alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory
    Here is the output of pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vv:

Code:
    D: main.c: Started as real root: no, suid root: yes
    I: main.c: PolicyKit refuses acquire-high-priority privilege.
    N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
    N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
    N: main.c: For enabling real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
    D: main.c: Can realtime: no, can high-priority: no
    I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.14
    D: main.c: Compilation host: i486-pc-linux-gnu
    D: main.c: Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2 -g -Wall -O3 -Wall -W -Wextra -pedantic -pipe -Wno-long-long -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings -Wconversion -Wundef -Wformat -Wlogical-op -Wpacked -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math
    D: main.c: Running on host: Linux i686 2.6.28-15-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 18 18:40:08 UTC 2009
    I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
    D: main.c: Compiled with Valgrind support: no
    D: main.c: Running in valgrind mode: no
    D: main.c: Optimized build: yes
    I: main.c: Machine ID is 8c3266cb5978e36db6fd4e7e4a8f3497.
    I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/triksterx/.pulse/8c3266cb5978e36db6fd4e7e4a8f3497:runtime.
    I: main.c: Using state directory /home/triksterx/.pulse.
    I: main.c: Running in system mode: no
    I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
    D: memblock.c: Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each, total size is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65496
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-gconf.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #0; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #1; argument: "").
    I: module-device-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/triksterx/.pulse/8c3266cb5978e36db6fd4e7e4a8f3497:device-volumes.i486-pc-linux-gnu.gdbm'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-device-restore" (index: #2; argument: "").
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/triksterx/.pulse/8c3266cb5978e36db6fd4e7e4a8f3497:stream-volumes.i486-pc-linux-gnu.gdbm'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-stream-restore" (index: #3; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-hal-detect.so': success
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Trying capability alsa
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_alsa_timer
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_alsa_sequencer
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Loaded 0 modules.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-hal-detect" (index: #4; argument: "tsched=0").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #5; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #6; argument: "").
    I: module-default-device-restore.c: Saved default sink 'auto_null' not existant, not restoring default sink setting.
    I: module-default-device-restore.c: Saved default source 'auto_null.monitor' not existant, not restoring default source setting.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #7; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #8; argument: "").
    D: module-always-sink.c: Autoloading null-sink as no other sinks detected.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for sink auto_null.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for sink auto_null.
    I: sink.c: Created sink 0 "auto_null" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for source auto_null.monitor.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for source auto_null.monitor.
    I: source.c: Created source 0 "auto_null.monitor" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    D: module-null-sink.c: Thread starting up
    D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+29
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source auto_null.monitor becomes idle.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink auto_null becomes idle.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-null-sink" (index: #9; argument: "sink_name=auto_null").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-always-sink" (index: #10; argument: "").
    I: client.c: Created 0 "ConsoleKit Session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session14"
    D: module-console-kit.c: Added new session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session14
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-console-kit" (index: #11; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #12; argument: "").
    I: main.c: Daemon startup complete.
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink auto_null idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source auto_null.monitor idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: client.c: Created 1 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    D: protocol-native.c: Protocol version: remote 14, local 14
    I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=1000 gid=1000 success=1
    D: protocol-native.c: SHM possible: yes
    D: protocol-native.c: Negotiated SHM: yes
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Restoring device for stream sink-input-by-application-name:MPlayer.
    D: module-stream-restore.c: Not restoring volume for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:MPlayer, because already set.
    D: module-stream-restore.c: Not restoring mute state for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:MPlayer, because already set.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink auto_null becomes busy.
    D: resampler.c: Channel matrix:
    D: resampler.c:        I00 
    D: resampler.c:     +------
    D: resampler.c: O00 | 1.000
    D: resampler.c: O01 | 1.000
    I: resampler.c: Using resampler 'src-linear'
    I: resampler.c: Using float32le as working format.
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=33554432, tlength=0, base=4, prebuf=0, minreq=1 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=33554432, tlength=33554432, base=4, prebuf=0, minreq=4 maxrewind=0
    I: sink-input.c: Created input 0 "audio stream" on auto_null with sample spec s16le 1ch 11025Hz and channel map mono
    I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=249.98 ms, minreq=20.05 ms
    D: protocol-native.c: Traditional mode enabled, modifying sink usec only for compat with minreq.
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=4194304, tlength=5512, base=2, prebuf=5072, minreq=442 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=4194304, tlength=5512, base=2, prebuf=5072, minreq=442 maxrewind=0
    I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 459.86 ms = 209.89 ms + 2*20.05 ms + 209.89 ms
    D: protocol-native.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
    D: module-null-sink.c: Requested to rewind 352800 bytes.
    D: sink.c: Processing rewind...
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 64620 bytes.
    I: sink-input.c: Freeing input 0 "audio stream"
    I: client.c: Freed 1 "MPlayer"
    I: protocol-native.c: Connection died.
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionAdded
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionAdded
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionRemoved
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionRemoved
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionAdded
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionAdded
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionRemoved
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat, path=/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Seat1, member=SessionRemoved
    I: client.c: Created 2 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Restoring device for stream sink-input-by-application-name:MPlayer.
    D: module-stream-restore.c: Not restoring volume for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:MPlayer, because already set.
    D: module-stream-restore.c: Not restoring mute state for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:MPlayer, because already set.
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=33554432, tlength=0, base=4, prebuf=0, minreq=1 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=33554432, tlength=33554432, base=4, prebuf=0, minreq=4 maxrewind=0
    I: sink-input.c: Created input 1 "audio stream" on auto_null with sample spec u8 1ch 11025Hz and channel map mono
    I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=249.98 ms, minreq=20.05 ms
    D: protocol-native.c: Traditional mode enabled, modifying sink usec only for compat with minreq.
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=4194304, tlength=2756, base=1, prebuf=2536, minreq=221 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=4194304, tlength=2756, base=1, prebuf=2536, minreq=221 maxrewind=0
    I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 459.86 ms = 209.89 ms + 2*20.05 ms + 209.89 ms
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 64632 bytes.
    I: sink-input.c: Freeing input 1 "audio stream"
    I: client.c: Freed 2 "MPlayer"
    I: client.c: Created 3 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 3 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Created 4 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 4 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Created 5 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 5 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 6 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 6 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 7 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 7 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 8 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 8 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 9 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 9 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 10 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 10 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 11 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 11 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 12 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: resampler.c: Forcing resampler 'copy', because of fixed, identical sample rates.
    I: resampler.c: Using resampler 'copy'
    I: sink-input.c: Created input 2 "Playback Stream" on auto_null with sample spec float32le 1ch 44100Hz and channel map mono
    I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=200.00 ms, minreq=10.00 ms
    D: protocol-native.c: Adjust latency mode enabled, configuring sink latency to half of overall latency.
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=70560, tlength=19404, base=4, prebuf=17644, minreq=1764 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=70560, tlength=19404, base=4, prebuf=17644, minreq=1764 maxrewind=0
    I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 200.00 ms = 90.00 ms + 2*10.00 ms + 90.00 ms
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Storing volume/mute/device for stream sink-input-by-application-name:gnome-sound-properties.
    D: sink-input.c: Requesting rewind due to uncorking
    D: sink-input.c: Have to rewind 119724 bytes on render memblockq.
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 119724 bytes.
    D: sink-input.c: Requesting rewind due to corking
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 8440 bytes.
    I: sink-input.c: Freeing input 2 "audiotest wave"
    I: client.c: Freed 12 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Synced.
    I: client.c: Created 13 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 13 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 14 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Restoring device for stream sink-input-by-application-name:gnome-sound-properties.
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Restoring volume for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:gnome-sound-properties.
    D: module-stream-restore.c: Not restoring mute state for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:gnome-sound-properties, because already set.
    I: resampler.c: Forcing resampler 'copy', because of fixed, identical sample rates.
    I: resampler.c: Using resampler 'copy'
    I: sink-input.c: Created input 3 "Playback Stream" on auto_null with sample spec float32le 1ch 44100Hz and channel map mono
    I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=200.00 ms, minreq=10.00 ms
    D: protocol-native.c: Adjust latency mode enabled, configuring sink latency to half of overall latency.
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=70560, tlength=19404, base=4, prebuf=17644, minreq=1764 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=70560, tlength=19404, base=4, prebuf=17644, minreq=1764 maxrewind=0
    I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 200.00 ms = 90.00 ms + 2*10.00 ms + 90.00 ms
    D: sink-input.c: Requesting rewind due to uncorking
    D: sink-input.c: Have to rewind 51272 bytes on render memblockq.
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 51272 bytes.
    D: sink-input.c: Requesting rewind due to corking
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 6096 bytes.
    I: sink-input.c: Freeing input 3 "audiotest wave"
    I: client.c: Freed 14 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 15 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 15 "gnome-sound-properties"
    I: client.c: Created 16 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Freed 16 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: client.c: Created 17 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: sink-input.c: Created input 4 "audio stream" on auto_null with sample spec u8 1ch 22050Hz and channel map mono
    I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=249.98 ms, minreq=20.00 ms
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=4194304, tlength=5512, base=1, prebuf=5072, minreq=441 maxrewind=0
    D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=4194304, tlength=5512, base=1, prebuf=5072, minreq=441 maxrewind=0
    I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 459.95 ms = 209.98 ms + 2*20.00 ms + 209.98 ms
    D: module-null-sink.c: Rewound 64592 bytes.
    I: sink-input.c: Freeing input 4 "audio stream"
    I: client.c: Freed 17 "MPlayer"
    Sorry if it seems long, but I let the program run while searching for a fix. The program never actually terminated, so maybe I should have run it longer?

Would anyone know how to find if I have the snd_envy24ht driver installed? And if I don't, where can I find it? I have tried synaptic with no luck. I found a couple items that say that should be the correct driver for my card.
    Last edited by trikster_x; August 23rd, 2009 at 05:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by trikster_x View Post
    I am having a small problem getting audio of any sort to work. Using a fresh install of Jaunty, I have absolutely no sounds, save for system beeps. I followed the instructions in part A, to no avail. When I get to the final bit and try to run pulse audio manually, I get this error:<snip>
    First of all, you're experiencing a problem with ALSA, not PulseAudio (remember that PulseAudio is actually an ALSA client, not a replacement).

It appears that your sound card's kernel module (snd-ice1724) isn't getting loaded correctly.

Check for any output from this command:
    Code:
    $ lsmod | grep snd_ice1724
    If you see no output, manually load the kernel module, then restart pulseaudio*:
    Code:
    $ sudo modprobe snd-ice1724; pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -v
    *Note: any running applications which are connected to the PulseAudio server will crash, so close them beforehand.

If that works, add "snd-ice1724" to /etc/modules (on a new line, without the quotes) and sound should work on your system without further hassle. I would also recommend that you file a bug on Launchpad to ensure that your sound card gets properly autodetected in the future.
    Last edited by psyke83; August 24th, 2009 at 05:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by snkiz View Post
    Thought I was done with these issues a long time ago. But one update and now... god I miss alsa. So here goes I did an update yesterday that DID NOT have anything to do with sound, minus the kernel. rebooted and now pulse will not grab the output of my soundcard, grabs the input no problem. I've purged and reinstalled pulse from the repos as I had PPA packges before. I've Even purged alsa (witch works on its own BTW). And still pulse give me this error and refuses to grab the card.
    Code:
     alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hw:0: Device or resource busy
    E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-alsa-sink" (argument: "device_id=0 sink_name=alsa_output.pci_1274_5880_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 tsched=0"): initialization failed
    I out of Ideas, short of beating it with a stick
    I don't know what kind of state your system is in, so it's difficult to offer any assistance. PulseAudio is an ALSA client, not an ALSA replacement; by purging the ALSA packages on your system, you may have crippled audio support (ALSA, PulseAudio and otherwise).

The output above merely indicates that your sound card is locked by another process (for example, an audio application that is opening your sound card for exclusive access, or a system daemon such as MPD). Or it may be displaying that error because your system is crippled due to missing ALSA libraries.

By the way, I see "tsched=0" in your output. This means that you are/were using a version of PulseAudio from Karmic or a PPA. If you downgraded your packages to Jaunty defaults, then you should know that the configuration files weren't downgraded in tandem. This could be causing you issues.
    Last edited by psyke83; August 24th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hhh View Post
    Applications>Sound & Video>PulseAudio Device Chooser>Volume Control... Are all the speaker icons supposed to show that they are muted? Are System Sounds supposed to show that they are Mono, and muted? If, indeed, that's the way they are supposed to look, can I remove that now-useless Device Chooser and Volume Control w/out screwing everything up, and if so, how?
    I didn't design the interface or icons, so why does it sound like you're blaming me for your lack of comprehension?

Why are all your BLUE comments posted AFTER your steps to follow??? To see who's impulsive and who's a thorough planner?
    The latter, and I'm not too forgiving of the former. The same goes for simple preventative measures such as prefixing command lines with "$".

Why, if "System-Wide Equalizer Support" is in the damn thread title, isn't Warning 3 under Appendix D posted with Note 1 at the top of the thread? What the hell? 500 words later, "The thread title is a lie".
    This thread was originally created for the Hardy release (and boy, was it needed - PulseAudio was extremely poorly integrated in 8.04). In Hardy's version of ALSA, LADSPA plugin support was (and still is) included - and therefore the equalizer works.

Since ALSA version 1.0.18 (i.e. the version in Jaunty), LADSPA support has been removed from the ALSA libraries, which breaks the equalizer - not my fault.

I can't edit the thread title, and didn't anticipate that future versions of Ubuntu would have crippled ALSA libraries which would prevent equalized audio - not my fault.

As for putting a notice at the beginning of the thread - the equalizer was always the secondary purpose of the guide. There's enough warnings for users at the beginning without adding another one.

Another reason is that I intended to amend the guide to provide an alternative way to enable equalized audio, but I haven't found the time to update it yet (and the alternate method has some disadvantages anyway).

What the... there are four or five notes in blue above that, which one do you mean? The "direct" one? BTW what does "direct" mean to a nOOb?
    It's a clarification as to the reason why you shouldn't choose "PulseAudio Sound Server" as the default sound capture device (it causes crashes).

How could you not split off/renew this thread so it doesn't drag to a hundred-and-FREAKING-forty-plus pages, especially given how crappy the search function is on these boards?
    There's a "Search this Thread" link while you're browsing a thread, and you can click on individual posts that appear in the results. How would you propose that we "split off" this guide? Keep in mind that I'm not your (or anybody's) personal audio guru, and I don't have enough time to answer every question that inevitably comes my way.

If somebody has a question, they can post in this thread and hope that somebody has an answer - or they can start their own thread elsewhere. The existence of this guide doesn't inhibit people's freedom to look elsewhere for advice.

Beans
    Distro

Code:
    triksterx@triksterx-desktop:~$ lsmod | grep snd_ice1724
    snd_ice1724            99836  0 
    snd_ice17xx_ak4xxx     11648  1 snd_ice1724
    snd_ac97_codec        112676  1 snd_ice1724
    snd_ak4xxx_adda        16384  2 snd_ice1724,snd_ice17xx_ak4xxx
    snd_ak4114             16896  1 snd_ice1724
    snd_pcm                82948  4 snd_ice1724,snd_ac97_codec,snd_ak4114,snd_pcm_oss
    snd_pt2258             12032  1 snd_ice1724
    snd_i2c                13184  2 snd_ice1724,snd_pt2258
    snd_rawmidi            29856  2 snd_ice1724,snd_seq_midi
    snd                    66852  15 snd_ice1724,snd_ac97_codec,snd_ak4xxx_adda,snd_ak4114,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_pt2258,snd_i2c,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
    Is this what I am supposed to see?

It still doesn't work. I have reinstalled ALSA successfully, recompiled the drivers successfully, and filed a bug report to Launchpad. That is the output after the recompile. I still get no detection of my sound card with "aplay -l". Thank you for the help so far. Should I keep posting in this thread or should I move my problem to this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by trikster_x View Post
    It still doesn't work. I have reinstalled ALSA successfully, recompiled the drivers successfully, and filed a bug report to Launchpad. That is the output after the recompile. I still get no detection of my sound card with "aplay -l". Thank you for the help so far. Should I keep posting in this thread or should I move my problem to this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449
    Since "aplay -l" lists no devices and the appropriate kernel module is loaded, your problem is certainly due to ALSA, and not PulseAudio. You can try posting in the other thread, start your own thread, or file a bug.

Why did you recompile the ALSA drivers? That could have caused this problem.

Beans
    Distro

By the time I read your first reply, I had already started to follow the instructions from the thread I mentioned in my last post. Basically that is the last ditch effort for that thread before it is bug report time. I have already filed a bug report, so hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Thank you again for the help and being patient.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey psyke83,
    Hoping for a little assistance. Followed your guide to fix a "no sound" problem on Firefox flash videos only, all other sound works fine.

Running Jaunty 9.04 which was upgraded from Hardy, where all sound worked eventually, although I remember having to do various "fixes", probably the ones you recommend against.

When I play a flash video, I do not see the devices listed in the Playback tab so I would say it is result "D" from your list in the OP.

UPDATE: Occasionally it will flash an entry for a brief fraction of a second, I was only able to put this together after several minutes of staring at the screen and getting bits and pieces each time it flashed: ALSA plug-in [firefox-bin]: ALSA Playback

Here are the outputs of the commands you asked for:
    Code:
    [~]$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC262 Analog [ALC262 Analog]
      Subdevices: 0/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    [~]$
    Code:
    [~]$ pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vv
    D: main.c: Started as real root: no, suid root: yes
    I: main.c: PolicyKit refuses acquire-high-priority privilege.
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.14
    D: main.c: Compilation host: i486-pc-linux-gnu
    D: main.c: Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2 -g -Wall -O3 -Wall -W -Wextra -pedantic -pipe -Wno-long-long -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings -Wconversion -Wundef -Wformat -Wlogical-op -Wpacked -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math
    D: main.c: Running on host: Linux i686 2.6.28-14-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Sat Jul 25 00:28:35 UTC 2009
    I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
    D: main.c: Compiled with Valgrind support: no
    D: main.c: Running in valgrind mode: no
    D: main.c: Optimized build: yes
    I: main.c: Machine ID is 090b286cc21f1721d236274948b33485.
    I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/uvdevnull/.pulse/090b286cc21f1721d236274948b33485:runtime.
    I: main.c: Using state directory /home/uvdevnull/.pulse.
    I: main.c: Running in system mode: no
    I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
    D: memblock.c: Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each, total size is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65496
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-gconf.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #0; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #1; argument: "").
    I: module-device-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/uvdevnull/.pulse/090b286cc21f1721d236274948b33485:device-volumes.i486-pc-linux-gnu.gdbm'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-device-restore" (index: #2; argument: "").
    I: module-stream-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/uvdevnull/.pulse/090b286cc21f1721d236274948b33485:stream-volumes.i486-pc-linux-gnu.gdbm'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-stream-restore" (index: #3; argument: "").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-hal-detect.so': success
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Trying capability alsa
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_alsa_timer
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_alsa_sequencer
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-source with arguments 'device_id=1 source_name=alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 tsched=0'
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:front:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:front:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: alsa-util.c: PCM device plug:front:1 refused our hw parameters: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround40:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround40:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround40:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround40:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: alsa-util.c: PCM device plug:surround40:1 refused our hw parameters: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround41:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround41:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround41:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: (alsa-lib)pcm_params.c: Slave PCM not usable
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround41:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: alsa-util.c: PCM device plug:surround41:1 refused our hw parameters: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround50:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround50:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround50:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround50:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: alsa-util.c: PCM device plug:surround50:1 refused our hw parameters: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround51:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround51:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround51:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround51:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: alsa-util.c: PCM device plug:surround51:1 refused our hw parameters: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround71:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround71:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround71:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:surround71:1 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: alsa-util.c: PCM device plug:surround71:1 refused our hw parameters: Invalid argument
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:1 as last resort...
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:1 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    W: alsa-util.c: Device hw:1 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 16000 Hz.
    W: alsa-util.c: Device hw:1 doesn't support 2 channels, changed to 1.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Successfully opened device hw:1.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    I: alsa-util.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:1'
    I: alsa-util.c: Cannot find mixer control "Capture" or mixer control is no combination of switch/volume.
    I: alsa-util.c: Using mixer control "Mic".
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for source alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for source alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0.
    I: source.c: Created source 0 "alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0" with sample spec s16le 1ch 16000Hz and channel map mono
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Using 8 fragments of size 320 bytes, buffer time is 80.00ms
    D: module-alsa-source.c: hwbuf_unused=0
    D: module-alsa-source.c: setting avail_min=1
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Volume ranges from 0 to 5120.
    W: module-alsa-source.c: Your kernel driver is broken: it reports a volume range from 11.00 dB to 11.00 dB which makes no sense.
    I: alsa-util.c: All 1 channels can be mapped to mixer channels.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Using hardware volume control. Hardware dB scale not supported.
    D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_dump():
    D: alsa-util.c: Hardware PCM card 1 'USB Device 0x46d:0x9a6' device 0 subdevice 0
    D: alsa-util.c: Its setup is:
    D: alsa-util.c:   stream       : CAPTURE
    D: alsa-util.c:   access       : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    D: alsa-util.c:   format       : S16_LE
    D: alsa-util.c:   subformat    : STD
    D: alsa-util.c:   channels     : 1
    D: alsa-util.c:   rate         : 16000
    D: alsa-util.c:   exact rate   : 16000 (16000/1)
    D: alsa-util.c:   msbits       : 16
    D: alsa-util.c:   buffer_size  : 1280
    D: alsa-util.c:   period_size  : 160
    D: alsa-util.c:   period_time  : 10000
    D: alsa-util.c:   tstamp_mode  : ENABLE
    D: alsa-util.c:   period_step  : 1
    D: alsa-util.c:   avail_min    : 160
    D: alsa-util.c:   period_event : 0
    D: alsa-util.c:   start_threshold  : -1
    D: alsa-util.c:   stop_threshold   : 1342177280
    D: alsa-util.c:   silence_threshold: 0
    D: alsa-util.c:   silence_size : 0
    D: alsa-util.c:   boundary     : 1342177280
    D: module-alsa-source.c: Thread starting up
    D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+29
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 becomes idle.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-source" (index: #4; argument: "device_id=1 source_name=alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 tsched=0").
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_control__1
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-sink with arguments 'device_id=0 sink_name=alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 tsched=0'
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Successfully opened device front:0.
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    I: (alsa-lib)control.c: Invalid CTL front:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'
    I: alsa-util.c: Using mixer control "Master".
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for sink alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for sink alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.
    I: sink.c: Created sink 0 "alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for source alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for source alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor.
    I: source.c: Created source 1 "alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Using 8 fragments of size 1792 bytes, buffer time is 81.27ms
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: hwbuf_unused=0
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: setting avail_min=1
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Volume ranges from 0 to 31.
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Volume ranges from -46.50 dB to 0.00 dB.
    I: alsa-util.c: ALSA device lacks independant volume controls for each channel.
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Using hardware volume control. Hardware dB scale supported.
    D: alsa-util.c: Soft volume PCM
    D: alsa-util.c: Control: PCM Playback Volume
    D: alsa-util.c: min_dB: -51
    D: alsa-util.c: max_dB: 0
    D: alsa-util.c: resolution: 256
    D: alsa-util.c:   stream       : PLAYBACK
    D: alsa-util.c:   channels     : 2
    D: alsa-util.c:   rate         : 44100
    D: alsa-util.c:   exact rate   : 44100 (44100/1)
    D: alsa-util.c:   buffer_size  : 3584
    D: alsa-util.c:   period_size  : 448
    D: alsa-util.c:   period_time  : 10158
    D: alsa-util.c:   avail_min    : 448
    D: alsa-util.c:   stop_threshold   : 1879048192
    D: alsa-util.c:   boundary     : 1879048192
    D: alsa-util.c: Slave: Hardware PCM card 0 'HDA Intel' device 0 subdevice 0
    D: alsa-util.c:   stream       : PLAYBACK
    D: alsa-util.c:   start_thre
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: Thread starting up
    D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+28
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: Requested volume: 0:  77% 1:  77%
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: Got hardware volume: 0:  77% 1:  77%
    D: module-alsa-sink.c: Calculated software volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Starting playback.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor becomes idle.
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 becomes idle.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-sink" (index: #5; argument: "device_id=0 sink_name=alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 tsched=0").
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-source with arguments 'device_id=0 source_name=alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 tsched=0'
    D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Successfully opened device front:0.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Successfully enabled mmap() mode.
    I: (alsa-lib)control.c: Invalid CTL front:0
    I: alsa-util.c: Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory
    I: alsa-util.c: Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'
    I: alsa-util.c: Using mixer control "Capture".
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for source alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0.
    I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring mute state for source alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0.
    I: source.c: Created source 2 "alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Using 8 fragments of size 1792 bytes, buffer time is 81.27ms
    D: module-alsa-source.c: hwbuf_unused=0
    D: module-alsa-source.c: setting avail_min=1
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Volume ranges from 0 to 31.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Volume ranges from -12.00 dB to 34.50 dB.
    I: alsa-util.c: All 2 channels can be mapped to mixer channels.
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Using hardware volume control. Hardware dB scale supported.
    D: alsa-util.c: Soft volume PCM
    D: alsa-util.c: Control: PCM Playback Volume
    D: alsa-util.c: min_dB: -51
    D: alsa-util.c: max_dB: 0
    D: alsa-util.c: resolution: 256
    D: alsa-util.c:   stop_threshold   : 1879048192
    D: alsa-util.c:   boundary     : 1879048192
    D: alsa-util.c: Slave: Hardware PCM card 0 'HDA Intel' device 0 subdevice 0
    D: alsa-util.c:   start_thresh
    D: module-alsa-source.c: Thread starting up
    D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+27
    D: module-alsa-source.c: Requested volume: 0:  74% 1:  74%
    D: module-alsa-source.c: Got hardware volume: 0:  75% 1:  75%
    D: module-alsa-source.c: Calculated software volume: 0:  99% 1:  99%
    D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 becomes idle.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-source" (index: #6; argument: "device_id=0 source_name=alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 tsched=0").
    D: module-hal-detect.c: Not loaded device /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_control__1
    I: module-hal-detect.c: Loaded 3 modules.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-hal-detect" (index: #7; argument: "tsched=0").
    D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #8; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #9; argument: "").
    I: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default sink 'alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0'.
    D: core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
    I: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default source 'alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0'.
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #10; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #11; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-always-sink" (index: #12; argument: "").
    I: client.c: Created 0 "ConsoleKit Session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session1"
    D: module-console-kit.c: Added new session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session1
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-console-kit" (index: #13; argument: "").
    I: module.c: Loaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #14; argument: "").
    I: main.c: Daemon startup complete.
    D: module-hal-detect.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    D: module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.usb_device_46d_9a6_54E31D10_if2_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Device suspended...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Device suspended...
    I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0 idle for too long, suspending ...
    I: module-alsa-source.c: Device suspended...
    Code:
    [~]$ pulseaudio 
    W: alsa-util.c: Device hw:1 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 16000 Hz.
    W: alsa-util.c: Device hw:1 doesn't support 2 channels, changed to 1.
    W: module-alsa-source.c: Your kernel driver is broken: it reports a volume range from 11.00 dB to 11.00 dB which makes no sense.
    Last edited by uvdevnull; August 25th, 2009 at 06:39 AM.

Page 148 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast