Page 121 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1706

Thread: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Exclamation Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

Hey I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, and I'm looking for some help.

I'm running ubuntu 8.10 studio. I can get sound out of Rythmbox Music Player, but I can't get any sound out of Flash or programs like Hydrogen.

I've followed the guide and repeated it multiple times to see if I might have messed up somewhere.

I'm using the sigmatel stac92xx drivers from the dell dimension 5150.

Any help would be awesome since i installed Ubuntu Studio for Audio Production... and yet the one thing i installed it for doesn't work.. ironic, no?

Beans

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support (Hardy Heron)

good!

Quote Originally Posted by Stunts View Post
    OK, so getting the .deb packages fou hardy did made the trick. I'm back with wine, teamspeak and flash. I didn't get back to ground 0 tough. The part about the quick flash did work for me. (strangely it was the part that was supposed not to work with AMD64).

Edit: Well, not so good after all. I seem to have lost sound altogether. Pulse audio manager does show up an output when I try to play sounds. Using native ALSA applications also gives me sound. I guess this means that it's an issue with the output of pulse audio... any ideas on how to solve this?
    ............................................................................................................

Thanks

Beans

Re: HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support

I am using Ubuntu 8.1 (32bit) Firefox 3.08, and the flash 10 plugn. I can't get any sound from youtube. I can't get system sound either, but rhythmbox works fine through pulse audio. WHen I play a youtube video I get the picture and everything, but nothign shows up i the pulseaudio volume control (C in the troubleshooting guide). So what am I doing wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by accabrown View Post
    I am using Ubuntu 8.1 (32bit) Firefox 3.08, and the flash 10 plugn. I can't get any sound from youtube. I can't get system sound either, but rhythmbox works fine through pulse audio. WHen I play a youtube video I get the picture and everything, but nothign shows up i the pulseaudio volume control (C in the troubleshooting guide). So what am I doing wrong?
    It could be many things, which I can't tell you unless you follow the outlined troubleshooting steps.

Beans
    Distro

Hey folks,

The guide now supports the Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) release. PulseAudio now works correctly out of the box, but it may be necessary for some users to delete PulseAudio user configuration if they are dist-upgrading - hence it is supported in this guide.

Beans

I just installed 9.04 Netbook Remix on my Asus Eee 1000h. The sound all works, as well as my microphone, the only problem is that it is unreasonably quiet. I have maxed out all of the volume settings I can find but it still remains too soft to hear almost anything even with in ear headphones. I am using PulseAudio across the board for both output and my mic input. Any way to get a boost on my sound?

I apologize if this has been addressed earlier, just don't have time to read the 121 pages of this thread.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Warai View Post
    I just installed 9.04 Netbook Remix on my Asus Eee 1000h. The sound all works, as well as my microphone, the only problem is that it is unreasonably quiet. I have maxed out all of the volume settings I can find but it still remains too soft to hear almost anything even with in ear headphones. I am using PulseAudio across the board for both output and my mic input. Any way to get a boost on my sound?

I apologize if this has been addressed earlier, just don't have time to read the 121 pages of this thread.
    Try:
    Code:
    $ alsamixer -Dhw
    Set the appropriate sliders to max (PCM, Master, perhaps also Surround or others too).

Beans

Worked like a charm, thank you so much.

Beans

One more questions, while the previous post worked great for output, my mic input is still quite low and there is no slider in the AlsaMixer for it. Any way to get it to pick up a bit more?

Beans

I see that there is a capture section but am unaware of how to access it. I apologize for my relative naivety.

Page 121 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast