Thread: Hardy: How to copy a CD..???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

(SOLVED) Hardy: How to copy a CD..???

Hello

I am trying since a while to copy a regular Audio CD, only to have it fail each time and even crash my system.

I have the original CD in the reader drive, a blank CD in the burner drive, and i start Brasero, chose "Disc Copy", it goes to "Preparing to write" and gives this error: "the drive seems to be busy", it also ejects the burner.

I tried it with Gnome Baker, this goes on to read the audio CD (apparently creating an image) but after a few minutes it stops dead and the system freezes hard, with two LED's on my keyboard flashing and no further reaction (no mouse, no keyboard), i had to push the reset button.

This is the first time i tried to copy a CD since installing Ubuntu.

Burning a normal data-CD works - just for a test i burned a 400 MB video to a CD, no problem (using Brasero).

Is it possible to copy CD's under Ubunto, or will i have to reinstall Windows for that?? It is a function that i need regularly, and the first real issue i have with Ubuntu.

Please help me out.... thanks in advance.

Thanh
    Last edited by Thanh-BKK; May 10th, 2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: problem solved :)
    BULLDOZER !

Beans

Re: Hardy: How to copy a CD..???

Have you tried k3b yet? It may be a KDE application but it's the burning program that tends to work best for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Hardy: How to copy a CD..???

Quote Originally Posted by boomtisk View Post
    Have you tried k3b yet? It may be a KDE application but it's the burning program that tends to work best for me.
    Hello

You know what? I logged on here to report that i did just that - and there, you told me so, too Indeed, k3b does an EXCELLENT job. It being KDE doesn't disturb me - i got a lot of KDE libraries installed because i also have KTorrent, it brought the whole lot along

Still i wonder why Gnome's native apps can't do it and even hang up on me..... i'm not such a bad guy

By the way - regarding "Windows", the only way that will ever get onto my machine again is in a VM - under Ubuntu!

With kind regards.....

your Thanh
    BULLDOZER !