Thread: "Linux for ladies" shirt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

"Linux for ladies" shirt

Hey! I'm wondering if any women here are in the same boat as me. Here's something I posted in the Community Café:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Cotton View Post
    Something in me died when I saw that the Ubuntu babydoll shirts now have the standard slogan on them rather than "Linux for ladies." I really wanted one of those, and didn't know they were going away! A quick Google search showed me that they generated some controversy, which, I guess, is understandable. I don't know, I liked the shirt because I think most OSes would shy away from being associated with "ladies," and this made it seem like Ubuntu was loud and proud about an operating system with "womanly" values. You know? 'Cause girls RAWK.

Since that shirt was scrapped amid controversy, is there a chance that a warehouse somewhere in Slough contains a treasure trove of unwanted "ladies" Ubuntu shirts? Were they buried in a New Mexico desert? _Is there any way I can get one?_ Points for people who can tell me of anyone I might want to talk to about this.

I can see why people would want the standard "human beings" babydoll shirt. But, I want the one with womanly pride! Uh, if anyone can help me get my grubby, womanly mitts (worn out from all my womanly pursuits, such as Python coding and modular website design) on one. Thanks!
    Mostly men responded to me in that thread. Some were kind and some were idiots, as is often the case. Anyway, I want to be clear that I really, really, really don't want to start a discussion on the merits of the "ladies" shirt. I can sincerely see why people had a problem with it. Also, unlike the café thread, which veered wildly out of control (though to some interesting places, like the most awesome XKCD comic I've ever seen), I would like to keep this on topic.

I've written to the Canonical Store... I think I'll try talking to the Marketing Team next. Anyway, please tell me if you can help. Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: "Linux for ladies" shirt

Hello, I got the "Linux for Human Beings" ones at the time. I'm not sure the "Linux for Ladies" are under fabrication any longer. May be they have leftover stocks somewhere ?
    There is a new one with a big logo on the front. I'll go check if there is something on the back. One option would be to get that one and have it customized for you (probably not from Canonical, but may be locally where you live)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Try looking in www.cafepress.com they seem to have a T-shirt for everything. And i am not sure they remove old designs or are always associated with the company or organization that the designs are created of or for.

well i just checked all 446 ubuntu only designs they had not just for you, but because some of them are freaking hilarious (like "UBUNTU I'm cheap and fun!"), and sadly they don't have your design. Maybe you could find the original source and ask it be re-relaeased unofficially?
    Last edited by hvac3901; May 11th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.
    "A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."- Thomas Jefferson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Saw this one from a link another user posted somewhere else.

http://www.zareason.com/shop/product...5&cat=0&page=1
    "A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."- Thomas Jefferson