Thread: infraction.....again?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool infraction.....again?

You must be trying to get rid of me on the forums when you go back 6 months to give me an infraction, for a post in NOVEMBER!

Come on, why didn't you give me n infraction then?

That's like telling a cop I was speeding in high school, so he gives me a ticket for something I did years ago.

What gives here, fellas?

Here's my message I recieved from Sev:

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums
    Dear steveneddy,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    Please do not insult an other member. It does not matter if they are coming back or not.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3831729
    Quote:
    Why are we posting here? He's not coming back.

Without a mouse to click on something, he's lost.

He was told what to do in previous posts and apparently refused to do any of it because it involved CLI.

I wonder if he's tried Linspire or Mandriva?
    Unless you really want me off of your forums, then please take this infraction away. It means nothing and that thread is probably ling dead.

I think I need a good explanation for this one.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans

Re: infraction.....again?

I'm going with the assumption the post date was overlooked. Perhaps, someone reported it. Regardless, a infraction for something 6 months old isn't really justified. I have reversed this infraction, however I encourage you to look at your posting style and perhaps change it to avoid infractions in the future.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: infraction.....again?

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-geek View Post
    I'm going with the assumption the post date was overlooked. Perhaps, someone reported it. Regardless, a infraction for something 6 months old isn't really justified. I have reversed this infraction, however I encourage you to look at your posting style and perhaps change it to avoid infractions in the future.
    I have changed my posting style and have been watching my p's and q's lately, and I seem to be singled out for petty and totally uncalled for circumstances.

Sef not noticing that the post was six months ago seems to cement the fact that someone is watching every post I make and even going back to past events to try and start something.

I wonder about the motivation of the mods and admins here now. The past forums moderation team administered in a different manner and some new faces have come around, and it seems to have ruined the Ubuntu Forums.

Many long time members and posters have gone elsewhere when the time is more important than ever to have long time users and experience around to help the many new people looking here for help.

I just hope that the new direction that the Forums seems to be moving is for the better, because from my eyes it doesn't seem so.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: infraction.....again?

Thank you for letting me rant.