Thread: Missing synaptic programs after install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Missing synaptic programs after install

Installed a number of graphics programs through synaptic and can't find them, which is weird. I am using 7.10 Gnome and I have had Ubuntu loaded on another drive and never had them not show up under applications when I installed programs. A few of the programs were gtkmorph, gtkmorph-example and xmorph that I just installed and yet I can't find them. Got any ideas? Thanks--Dwight

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Missing synaptic programs after install

not for all Applications (especially those from universe) there exist Menu entries, but they still exist.
    Just start synaptic, check the package u installed select properties and take a look on the tab installed files. Files with */bin* inside their name are for normal executables. Pick the one you need, got to System-Preferences/Settings-Main Menu and add an entry for this application.

hope that helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Missing synaptic programs after install

Quote Originally Posted by DieB View Post
    not for all Applications (especially those from universe) there exist Menu entries, but they still exist.
    Just start synaptic, check the package u installed select properties and take a look on the tab installed files. Files with */bin* inside their name are for normal executables. Pick the one you need, got to System-Preferences/Settings-Main Menu and add an entry for this application.

hope that helps
    It sure does and thank you very much for the fast and clear reply. I love working with graphics/pics and creating the reality. Thanks again--Dwight