Thread: log into network

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

hi everyone,

I have an xubuntu machine on my network,I can log onto the network fine using cif(it is a samba network). But I was wondering if there is away to login the same way as I do on my windows machine where you click a icon and it will ask you for the username and password and then you can access the network. I don't mind using the command line but for others who use the machine they don't want to do that. Has anyone got any ideas?

gishaust
    It doesn't aways happen straight away. But time has a way of leveling everything!!!

Beans

Re: log into network

you have to create samba users in the smbusers file for that.. check out the samba guide at http://ubuntuguide.org

Beans
    Distro

I have created a samba user from the information that you gave me. Now how do i create a gui login on the Xubuntu machine to access the share
    It doesn't aways happen straight away. But time has a way of leveling everything!!!

Beans
    Distro

I have created a samba user from the information that you gave me. Now how do i create a gui login on the Xubuntu machine to access the share

Beans

wait a sec..i'm a bit confused here.. you want to connect to a shared folder on a windows pc from xubuntu or the other way round?