Thread: Sharing files

Beans

Sharing files

Can someone help? Ive got a laptop that is dual booting xp and xubuntu and i want to be able to look at my xp partition through xubuntu like i could with gusty.

Also im trying to set up a shared folder so i can transfer files between my desktop with hardy on it and my laptop with xubuntu on it.

Its been driving me mad all day and im shatterd now.

Anyone any ideas?

Beans

Re: Sharing files

anyone?

Beans

Re: Sharing files

Quote Originally Posted by Tek-Noir View Post
    Can someone help? Ive got a laptop that is dual booting xp and xubuntu and i want to be able to look at my xp partition through xubuntu like i could with gusty.

Also im trying to set up a shared folder so i can transfer files between my desktop with hardy on it and my laptop with xubuntu on it.

Its been driving me mad all day and im shatterd now.

Anyone any ideas?
    As far as looking at the windows partition using Xubuntu goes I may be able to help since this has already been covered here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...8&postcount=11 that will take you to the first post of page 2 where the solution is. Worked for me.

Basically Xubuntu uses Thunar file manager while Ubuntu uses Nautilus and Thunar doesn't show the other partitions by default in Xumbuntu 8.04 for some reason.

For sharing a folder with windows one of the wizards will have to help you. Personally I set up a partition that I can move things back and forth on. I haven't put it on my laptop yet since I rarely use it.