Thread: Blank screen appears sometimes when booting

Beans

Blank screen appears sometimes when booting

Some times when i boot Ubuntu from liveCD i see a blank screen (instead of gnome) after booting ...
    this some times appears for me in OpenSUSE But i disabled 3d acceleration so no blank screen appears with suse ...
    but how can i prevent this blank screen or how can i disable 3d acceleration before booting liveCD ??

Beans

Re: Blank screen appears sometimes when booting

My VGA:
    VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There's an issue with Ubuntu randomly putting the monitor in blank mode during access of the live CD and you have to click the mouse to get the screen back.

Also, the monitor sometimes goes blank mode if you click "Apply" for menu options and you have to click the mouse again!

The monitor was set to blank mode when I clicked "Apply" to change the PC clock!
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; May 9th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Acer Aspire M5630: 1 GB Kingston PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM dual channel (2x512 MB), Core 2 Duo E2180 (2.0 Ghz), Intel i915

Beans
    Distro

There's an issue with Ubuntu randomly putting the monitor in blank mode and you have to click the mouse to get the screen back.

Also, the monitor sometimes goes blank mode if you click "Apply" for menu options and you have to click the mouse again!

Also, with the Kubuntu live CD, at least with Dapper Drake, the monitor was set to blank mode when I clicked "Apply" to set the PC clock!
    Acer Aspire M5630: 1 GB Kingston PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM dual channel (2x512 MB), Core 2 Duo E2180 (2.0 Ghz), Intel i915

Beans
    Distro

-please Delete-