Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiz Help Please I Am A Ubuntu Noob!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Compiz Help Please I Am A Ubuntu Noob!

You might have to restart X (ctrl+alt+backspace) the first time you enable desktop effects, but I don't recall having to do so.

That said, if you have checked all options, then you should have window decorations such as shade displaying, you should have wobbly windows when you move them around, you should see the cube rotation when you press ctrl+lat+left or right arrow, or when you middle-click on the desktop and move your mouse around. Do any of these effects show up?
    This is my signature. Move on people.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

also alt-tab selects different windows on same deskspace. ctrl-alt-tab cycles through all windows.
    Desktop: Q6600 OC: 343 x 9, 4 GB RAM, 8600 GTS Twinview (22",17"), 1.5 TB RAID 5
    Laptop: Lenovo T61 T7300 @ 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 140M Quadro, 160 GB harddrive
    Remember to mark posts as [SOLVED] when your problem is resolved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you click on each option (not the checkbox, the name of the effect) in the advanced desktop effects settings you should be able to see the key bindings - this will tell you how to activate each effect. Please let us know what happens when you do ctrl-alt-left arrow or move a window.

To make the rotate cube work you will also need to add additional workspaces. If you right-click on the boxes on the lower right panel next to the garbage bin you should be able to select 'preferences' and then change to 4 columns, 1 row.

Beans

the shortcut is alt ctrl right/ left arrow
    did u go to advanced desktop settings and selected Desktop cube and unchecked Desktop wall?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thank You Guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12