Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Alright I did as instructed and so far so good until I tested it. When I input $ arecord -D bluetooth -f s16_LE test.wav
    I received this; Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
    Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 8000Hz, got = 16000Hz)
    please, try the plug plugin (-Dplug:bluetooth)

What does this mean?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Quote Originally Posted by damis648 View Post
    I think it is much simpler to go into Bluez preferences and then click the services tab, enable audio service and click add at the bottom? Maybe just me...
    Yeah, I think you're right. At least it worked for me without loading the kernel modules, etc. But if I don't do all the steps, I can't see the BT device on the mixer screen.

Beans

Hello,

Is the OPPOSITE scenario possible?
    Making Ubuntu act as a headset for my nokia ? I want to make my phone calls while not holding my mobile cell nor leaving my laptop ..

Is it possible?

Beans

Thanks for this. I can at last get the Bluetooth option in Skype, but I can't get any input or output working. Still, closer than before!

I got my Plantronics Voyager 510 to work fine with Skype 2 beta under Ubuntu Hardy x64. Thanks to psyke777 and pangloss -- I, however, did not have the problems that pangloss had with the 32 bit libraries. I copied in the shared libraries like they said, but I don't get the same error message. I get:

ALSA lib ../../../src/control/control.c:909snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL bluetooth

Both audio in and audio out work fine despite the error, however, using the pcm device created in .asoundrc, so no complaints here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wow, this seems unnecesarily complicated. Since Feisty (I think) I've been able to do this graphically with an application called Blueman. There was also another app one member from these forums wrote JUST for headsets for which I can't remember the name, since I replaced it with blueman, but it existed. Just checked his site but he recently changed it so the page is broken. So all of you go check these out.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Worked like a charm. You are my hero! Recording quality isn't the best, but so be it! Big thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

prigog: are you referring to gbtsco? None of the sco tools work with Hardy because the whole bluetooth framework has apparently been changed (I've tried and someone else had also mentioned to not use gbtsco et al.). It seems that the solution presented in this thread works for Skype but not for Gnome in general. I'm assuming the problem actually lies with PulseAudio and not the bluetooth implementation itself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Permafrost91 View Post
    prigog: are you referring to gbtsco? None of the sco tools work with Hardy because the whole bluetooth framework has apparently been changed (I've tried and someone else had also mentioned to not use gbtsco et al.). It seems that the solution presented in this thread works for Skype but not for Gnome in general. I'm assuming the problem actually lies with PulseAudio and not the bluetooth implementation itself.
    Yes, it was gtbsco. Hmm, that's odd that blueman stil works for me then. Maybe I did some tweaking that resided in my home folder and so it got preserved tru the upgrade? Anyways I can still skype and also listen to stereo music with amarok (taht one requires a bit more config). I found the original thread where we sorted this stuff out, check it out. It's tailored to make stereo bluetooth work, but it made the skype bluetooth entry permanent as a nice secondary effect. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

thanks priegog! I've done that but Ekiga still doesn't want to work (which is what I really meant by "Gnome in general" earlier). I don't use my BT headset for anything else so I guess I'm stuck for now until Ekiga recognizes PulseAudio ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast