Greetings! I think I know the why of this problem, but not the best way to solve it.

I use my windows box and Ubuntu box as co-servers for media to each other because, well. thats how it turned out. Both machines have lots of media, nice to access both from other box, etc.....

I had been auto-mounting the music file from windows to the 'nix box via cifs, which worked great until I had runlevel issues. Anyway, I was running Gutsy, and partitioned off 1/2 the drive and installed fedora8. The windows box was being rebuilt, so I wasn't too up on the music thing, until I did a fresh install of Hardy - no big, everything important is on the 300GB slave. Then I noticed that you can see both file systems from either OS. - the fedora OS shows as sda2 named /12. That's when I noticed that fedora had appropriated my slave drive, so I can't load my collection into Amarok on Ubuntu....I can't even see the drive when looking to load music. I'm hoping that I don't have to choose which OS gets the music (and everything else) because I like playing around with both of them. Has anyone got a solution for this?