Thread: compiz killed my title bar....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

compiz killed my title bar....

every time i turn on custom (to use compiz manager) my title bar dies :/

btw i has emerald installed and it died after i upgraded and i was stuck with one title bar and after i turned on custom compiz that one title bar died

even pre instlled compiz (like normal and advance) kill my title bar.
    Last edited by illbashu; May 8th, 2008 at 04:19 AM.

Beans

Re: compiz killed my title bar....

After Compiz Fusion is running, does pressing alt+f2 and entering the command "emerald --replace" do anything?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Try a complete removal of the two and reinstall compiz only. I have had problems with emerald before and thats what I did and it solve some problems with compiz (my title bars were gone or invisable).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ivansf92 View Post
    After Compiz Fusion is running, does pressing alt+f2 and entering the command "emerald --replace" do anything?
    THANK U! it worked

do you guys know how i can fix my minimizing animation, it doesn't work...
    Last edited by illbashu; May 8th, 2008 at 04:22 AM.

Beans

Hmm, I had the same problem while using Ubuntu 8.04 beta... Unfortunately, I re-installed the whole OS when the stable version came out and I forgot how I fixed it.

But...

It had something to do with the animation and minimize effect plugins in Compiz Fusion. If you do not already have ccsm, install it with the following command in the terminal "sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager"

Then go to the effects section and mess around with the animation and minimize effect plugins is all I can say, since I can't reproduce the problem. However, I think I fixed it by disabling (un-checking) the animations plugin and checking the minimize effect plugin. (Although, this makes it so that there are less animation, although I didn't really need the others since the minimize and maximize effects (along with the wobbly windows) were the only ones I wanted.)

Beans

O.O.. I think I found the solution in this thread which is titled Animation plugin in compiz not working
    HTML Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=701193
    ...and i solved it (for my part at least)
    system>preferences>advanced desktop effects settings>animations>minimize animation>
    click on the top entry in that white box (default is zoom) and click edit. make the minimize effect "beam up," click ok, and then click back. minimize a window, and then bring it back up again. you should have this shiny sweet animation. you can choose random or any other effect and also mess with the duration. hope this works for you
    Last edited by ivansf92; May 8th, 2008 at 05:35 AM.

Beans

I don't know why Ubuntu doesn't include the compizconfig-settings-manager by default.