Thread: Transferring Music to a MP3 Player

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Transferring Music to a MP3 Player

I have Ubuntu CE.
    I had installed Rythmbox music player on my computer, but found that I cannot delete my MP3 player tracks or add anything from my computer to my MP3 Player using this.

What program could I use that would do this? Is there a program that I could use to do both transferring and playing of MP3's and other media functions? Much thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Transferring Music to a MP3 Player

You need to post what type of mp3 player you have; some will work with Ubuntu and some won't. It won't be very easy for anyone to help you without that info
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans

DUH! Sorry about that. I have a RCA Lyra.

Beans

Have you enabled the MTP Support in Rhythmbox Plugins ?

Beans

I had this same issue with a Sansa m240 and literally solved it about 14 hours ago.

Reason: Ubuntu came with LibMTP which lets it see MTP devices, but not talk to them

Solution: Go into Synaptic and search for mtp-tools. Install this package. This contains all the tools needed to actually manipulate MTP devices. Restart RhythmBox if you are still in it and it should work.