Page 152 of 241 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2402

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    Yes, that's perfect. Thanks Andrew. I'll add this to the guide soon.

I'll admit that I've never posted on a Usenet group before.
    Courtesy of Janis Papana . comp.unix.shell is a great newsgroup with some very knowledgeable people, if you ever decide to indulge in Usenet the magic news server is individual.net, best usenet client is slrn and best proxy server is leafnode 2 IMHO!
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

After compiling FFMPEG by following this tutorial I no longer can play DVD movies. I was able to play them before by installing the ubntu-restricted-extras and sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh. However after compiling the FFMPEG I no longer can play my DVD movies. Any idea why?
    It is un American to not like Open Source. It is un Christian to not follow the ways of Open Source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxPhreak View Post
    After compiling FFMPEG by following this tutorial I no longer can play DVD movies. I was able to play them before by installing the ubntu-restricted-extras and sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh. However after compiling the FFMPEG I no longer can play my DVD movies. Any idea why?
    I don't see why it would break, as libdvdcss should be separate from all of that. FFmpeg doesn't incorporate that library, but if you're using mplayer (which does use it) then you may be running into shared library issues - recompiling FFmpeg might have played a bit of havoc on mplayer. It may be fixable by just grabbing libdvdcss from Medibuntu.

You could try to recompile mplayer and see if that fixes it. http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer-build.git makes the process near-totally painless:
    Code:
    git clone git://repo.or.cz/mplayer-build.git
    cd mplayer-build
    ./init
    ./enable-mt or ./disable-mt (as needed; enable-mt is the default behavior now, but on single-core processors I'd disable it)
    make
    sudo make install (or a suitable checkinstall command)
    You could further customize the FFmpeg, libass, or mplayer specific options before the 'make' step, but I don't think that's really necessary on Linux. It may be necessary to install libdvdcss-dev as well beforehand so it could find it.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Compile the latest ffmpeg and x264 from source

tried the above, it installed but still my vidoes don't play, something about ffmpeg version r19000 or above required, any idea?

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Compile the latest ffmpeg and x264 from source

Quote Originally Posted by akemzo View Post
    tried the above, it installed but still my vidoes don't play, something about ffmpeg version r19000 or above required, any idea?
    That's not much to work with so I'm going to need more information before I can even make a guess:

• What version of Ubuntu are you using?
    • What are you using to play the videos?
    • Are there any error messages?
    • What's telling you that r19000 or above required?

Beans

Hi,

this is my first post here at Ubuntu forums.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit version. I have tried updating my x264. I followed the instructions on page 1 and I get an error.

Code:
    andy@g:~/x264$ make
    gcc -o x264 x264.o input/input.o input/timecode.o input/raw.o input/y4m.o output/raw.o output/matroska.o output/matroska_ebml.o output/flv.o output/flv_bytestream.o filters/filters.o filters/video/video.o filters/video/source.o filters/video/internal.o filters/video/resize.o filters/video/cache.o filters/video/fix_vfr_pts.o filters/video/select_every.o filters/video/crop.o filters/video/depth.o input/thread.o input/lavf.o output/mp4.o libx264.a -lgpac_static -L.  -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lavformat -lavcodec -ldl -lX11 -lXext -lXfixes -ljack -lasound -lxvidcore -lx264 -lvpx -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -ltheoraenc -ltheoradec -logg -lopencore-amrwb -lopencore-amrnb -lmp3lame -lfaac -lva -lm -lbz2 -lz -lavcore -lswscale -lavutil    -L/usr/local/lib -lswscale -lavutil    -lm -lpthread -s
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_init':
    /home/andy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:308: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_open_113'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [x264] error 1
    What's that? Does any of you have an idea what's wrong here?
    Last edited by kicker4546; February 18th, 2011 at 01:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kicker4546 View Post
    Hi,

this is my first post here at Ubuntu forums.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit version. I have tried updating my x264. I followed the instructions on page 1 and I get an error.

Code:
    andy@g:~/x264$ make
    gcc -o x264 x264.o input/input.o input/timecode.o input/raw.o input/y4m.o output/raw.o output/matroska.o output/matroska_ebml.o output/flv.o output/flv_bytestream.o filters/filters.o filters/video/video.o filters/video/source.o filters/video/internal.o filters/video/resize.o filters/video/cache.o filters/video/fix_vfr_pts.o filters/video/select_every.o filters/video/crop.o filters/video/depth.o input/thread.o input/lavf.o output/mp4.o libx264.a -lgpac_static -L.  -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lavformat -lavcodec -ldl -lX11 -lXext -lXfixes -ljack -lasound -lxvidcore -lx264 -lvpx -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -ltheoraenc -ltheoradec -logg -lopencore-amrwb -lopencore-amrnb -lmp3lame -lfaac -lva -lm -lbz2 -lz -lavcore -lswscale -lavutil    -L/usr/local/lib -lswscale -lavutil    -lm -lpthread -s
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_init':
    /home/andy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:308: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_open_113'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [x264] error 1
    What's that? Does any of you have an idea what's wrong here?
    It might be - and I'm not saying this is definitely the case - that this latest and greatest version which you're trying to compile had a patch applied which left it with this error. Usually care is taken so that each distinct version can be compiled, but things do slip through from time to time - the contributors to x264 are only human, after all.

You could try issuing the following commands:
    Code:
    git checkout HEAD~2
    make
    which will rewind a few change sets, thus hopefully bypassing this error - if that's what it's caused by. Then it tries again to build to see if this helped.

You'd then resume your usual commands from the HowTo where you left off, after the 'make' command, if indeed this error was now solved.

I hope this helps!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nom du Clavier View Post
    It might be - and I'm not saying this is definitely the case - that this latest and greatest version which you're trying to compile had a patch applied which left it with this error. Usually care is taken so that each distinct version can be compiled, but things do slip through from time to time - the contributors to x264 are only human, after all.

You could try issuing the following commands:
    Code:
    git checkout HEAD~2
    make
    which will rewind a few change sets, thus hopefully bypassing this error - if that's what it's caused by. Then it tries again to build to see if this helped.

You'd then resume your usual commands from the HowTo where you left off, after the 'make' command, if indeed this error was now solved.

I hope this helps!
    First of all I wanna thank you for your reply. Hopefully this is going to work for me. I'll try later and let you know whether the issue is resolved that way.

Thanks again,

kicker

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kicker4546 View Post
    Does any of you have an idea what's wrong here?
    You probably have old x264 files interfering with the installation. Did you make sure to remove any x264 and libx264 packages first?

Edit: I bet it will work if you add --disable-lavf to your x264 ./configure. If that is the case then you need to also remove FFmpeg before updating x264. See the Updating FFmpeg and x264 section of the guide.
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; February 18th, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    You probably have old x264 files interfering with the installation. Did you make sure to remove any x264 and libx264 packages first?

Edit: I bet it will work if you add --disable-lavf to your x264 ./configure. If that is the case then you need to also remove FFmpeg before updating x264. See the Updating FFmpeg and x264 section of the guide.

Yeah, exactly as you said. When I set --disable-lavf it worked pretty well. It seems I had to update ffmpeg too instead of only my x264.

I was able to successfully build it now. Thanks for your help!

Page 152 of 241 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast