Page 94 of 241 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans

How to install Video compressing and aspect ratio then resolution using FFMPEG PHP

I have installed FFMPEG PHP version 9.10 ubuntu. Now working Perfectly like flv converter also.

But, 1. I want know The details how to compress the video? like small size?

2. How to set Aspect Ratio FFMPEG PHP?

3. How to install x264 ? because I got the code and I tried to install. But In FFMPEG there is no compilation in x264 codec? So, what I can do? This is My Major Priority? Please If Anyone knows Help me........................

n.hinton is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Follow the instructions on the first page of this 'howto'

Beans

It is really working. Thanks a lot my friendz especialy to mc4man and FakeOutdoorsman.

Beans

Can you Please provide light on How to integrate the installed ffmpeg libraries with existing players like totem or Rhythmbox???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by raja8912 View Post
    Can you Please provide light on How to integrate the installed ffmpeg libraries with existing players like totem or Rhythmbox???
    That would require re-compiling the gstreamer-ffmpeg plugin(s). You can't do it with the libraries from a regular ffmpeg compile, although those libraries would probably be used in the compile of the plugin.

Not that I think it would matter too much - the decoding libraries don't change all too often, and unless you're using really obscure video or audio formats, the right decoders have been there for a long, long time, and would be included in the gstreamer plugin (even if only by using the restricted-extras package or Medibuntu or so on).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Followed the Jaunty tutorial to the letter everything went fine except for ffmpeg I got this

make: *** No rule to make target `libavformat/rtp_asf.h', needed by `libavformat/rtpdec.o'. Stop.

Any idea what I did wrong

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
    Followed the Jaunty tutorial to the letter everything went fine except for ffmpeg I got this

make: *** No rule to make target `libavformat/rtp_asf.h', needed by `libavformat/rtpdec.o'. Stop.

Any idea what I did wrong
    You probably did nothing wrong. Since development is so active (so far 5 revisions just today), you will encounter compilation errors occasionally. Fortunately, these are often found and fixed within a day or even a few hours. Try updating your FFmpeg source and compiling again as shown in the Updating Your Installation section of the guide.

I just compiled FFmpeg r22470 without errors.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    You probably did nothing wrong. Since development is so active (so far 5 revisions just today), you will encounter compilation errors occasionally. Fortunately, these are often found and fixed within a day or even a few hours. Try updating your FFmpeg source and compiling again as shown in the Updating Your Installation section of the guide.

I just compiled FFmpeg r22470 without errors.
    Fixed it by adding these lines
    cd ffmpeg
    git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/libswscale/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
    Fixed it by adding these lines
    cd ffmpeg
    git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/libswscale/
    I'm sure that's probably why the guide uses the SVN repository for ffmpeg, and not git. The SVN checkout automatically grabs libswscale into the correct directory too (and it gives you the nice revision numbers that the git ffmpeg doesn't).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by n.hinton View Post
    Follow the instructions on the first page of this 'howto'

I have installed PHP FFMPEG. It is working perfectly. But I have tried after libx264 install it is showing error? there is no compliation. What I can do?

Page 94 of 241 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast