Page 49 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Hi qyot,

Quote Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
    Both worked, thanks. Is there any benefit for using the sed method over the one with cut?
    I guess what you would look for is the ever-present possibility of the FFmpeg developers changing the syntax and decide on a variation that might accommodate this.

Also, x264 always installs and gets listed fine, but apt put ffmpeg under the auto removable category. Which is somewhat annoying. Is that from a package numbering issue (which I hope can be resolved) or just an inherent thing?
    I see the problem. The Jaunty Ubuntu repository version is in fact labelled by date --> 3:0.svn20090303-1ubuntu6 not by revision number. It depends how keen you are to use revision numbers, you may have to play with the initial 3:0 numbers...

Note: the first time I tried to install I used the cut method, but during the process everything locked up completely and I was forced to reboot, which canceled the installation. The sed method was the one that completed the install successfully, and then I noticed the auto removable thing. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, though.
    I am afraid I am not entirely sure what that is all about, both techniques produce the same end result.

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Hi FakeOutdoorsman,

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    Excellent! The sed command is something I need to work on. I've often needed it, but not often enough to take the time to learn it but I'm getting better.
    Works well but looks like it it will not work with your guide to trump the repository package version . I am sure a little more twiddling should get it working correctly though...

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    I am afraid I am not entirely sure what that is all about, both techniques produce the same end result.
    By that part I simply meant that I was thinking the freeze-up could have made the system think something was wrong and resulted in what I saw, not that the difference in method between cut and sed did. Just that I thought the interference might have had something to do with it.

I think what had happened was that the disc I was playing encountered an error and that made Audacious spazz out, and it in turn brought the rest of the freeze-up (I couldn't have used force quit, as the screen locked up, my music was either looping in ½-second bursts or had been replaced by endless beeping, etc. - the only way I could fix it was doing a hard reboot, and then everything was fine). I have no clue what happened, as I had to step out for just a couple of minutes and it was fine when I left, but when I came back it was in the middle of its panic attack or whatever that was. I also thought maybe it was a mini power surge, but there was no other evidence for that.

Beans

Great thanks!
    It helps me to convert FullHD (AVCHD) videos from my Canon cam to MPEG.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dmitryme View Post
    Great thanks!
    It helps me to convert FullHD (AVCHD) videos from my Canon cam to MPEG.
    Good to hear that it converted AVCHD with no problems. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of this format.

Beans

Hi

I have successfully installed FFMPEG from source following your directions. Thanks for that.

I tried writing a simple program to test how it works (attached below)

#include <libavcodec/avcodec.h>
    #include <libavformat/avformat.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <math.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    printf("Before av_register_all(); \n");
    av_register_all();
    printf("OK 1\n");
    return 0;
    }

and compiled using

gcc -o test-ffmpeg test-ffmpeg.c -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lswscale -lz -lm

I get a whole list of errors (attached below). Seems there are too many undefined things. Am I missing out setting some env variables etc.

Looking forward to your help!

tvkpz

/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libfaac.o): In function `Faac_encode_frame':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:128: undefined reference to `faacEncEncode'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libfaac.o): In function `Faac_encode_close':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:144: undefined reference to `faacEncClose'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libfaac.o): In function `Faac_encode_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:46: undefined reference to `faacEncOpen'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:51: undefined reference to `faacEncGetCurrentConfiguration'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:75: undefined reference to `faacEncClose'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:114: undefined reference to `faacEncSetConfiguration'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:54: undefined reference to `faacEncClose'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaac.c:102: undefined reference to `faacEncGetDecoderSpecificInfo'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libfaad.o): In function `faac_decode_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:252: undefined reference to `NeAACDecOpen'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:253: undefined reference to `NeAACDecClose'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:254: undefined reference to `NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:255: undefined reference to `NeAACDecSetConfiguration'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:256: undefined reference to `NeAACDecInit'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:257: undefined reference to `NeAACDecInit2'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:258: undefined reference to `NeAACDecDecode'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:260: undefined reference to `NeAACDecGetErrorMessage'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libfaad.c:274: undefined reference to `NeAACDecOpen'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libmp3lame.o): In function `MP3lame_encode_frame':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:160: undefined reference to `lame_encode_buffer'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:152: undefined reference to `lame_encode_buffer_interleaved'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:170: undefined reference to `lame_encode_flush'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libmp3lame.o): In function `MP3lame_encode_close':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:212: undefined reference to `lame_close'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libmp3lame.o): In function `MP3lame_encode_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:48: undefined reference to `lame_init'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:50: undefined reference to `lame_set_in_samplerate'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:51: undefined reference to `lame_set_out_samplerate'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:52: undefined reference to `lame_set_num_channels'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:56: undefined reference to `lame_set_quality'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:59: undefined reference to `lame_set_mode'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:60: undefined reference to `lame_set_brate'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:66: undefined reference to `lame_set_bWriteVbrTag'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:67: undefined reference to `lame_set_disable_reservoir'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:68: undefined reference to `lame_init_params'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:71: undefined reference to `lame_get_framesize'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:54: undefined reference to `lame_set_quality'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:79: undefined reference to `lame_close'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:62: undefined reference to `lame_set_brate'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:63: undefined reference to `lame_set_VBR'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libmp3lame.c:64: undefined reference to `lame_set_VBR_q'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libtheoraenc.o): In function `encode_frame':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:203: undefined reference to `theora_encode_YUVin'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:222: undefined reference to `theora_encode_packetout'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libtheoraenc.o): In function `encode_close':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:252: undefined reference to `theora_encode_packetout'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:253: undefined reference to `theora_clear'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libtheoraenc.o): In function `encode_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:89: undefined reference to `theora_info_init'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:124: undefined reference to `theora_encode_init'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:130: undefined reference to `theora_info_clear'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:142: undefined reference to `theora_encode_header'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:148: undefined reference to `theora_comment_init'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:149: undefined reference to `theora_encode_comment'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:154: undefined reference to `theora_comment_clear'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:157: undefined reference to `ogg_packet_clear'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libtheoraenc.c:160: undefined reference to `theora_encode_tables'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_frame':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:105: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_encode'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_close':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:144: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_close'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:155: undefined reference to `x264_param_default'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:285: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_open_76'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libx264.c:295: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_headers'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvidff.o): In function `ff_xvid_encode_frame':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:431: undefined reference to `xvid_encore'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvidff.o): In function `ff_xvid_encode_close':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:481: undefined reference to `xvid_encore'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvidff.o): In function `ff_xvid_encode_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:184: undefined reference to `xvid_global'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:271: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_lumimasking'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:349: undefined reference to `xvid_encore'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:264: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_single'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvidff.c:255: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvid_rc.o): In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_uninit':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:146: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvid_rc.o): In function `ff_xvid_rate_estimate_qscale':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:127: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:119: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvid_rc.o): In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:80: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(pthread.o): In function `avcodec_thread_free':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/pthread.c:95: undefined reference to `pthread_join'
    /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(pthread.o): In function `avcodec_thread_init':
    /home/sujoy/ffmpeg/libavcodec/pthread.c:159: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Beans

Hi FakeOutdoorsman, I followed your step and when I issue the following command I got a series of errors that are listed after the command:

sudo apt-get purge ffmpeg x264 libx264-dev
    Code:
    apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by apt-get) 
    apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by apt-get) 
    apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6) 
    apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6) 
    apt-get: relocation error: /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6: symbol _ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i, version GLIBCXX_3.4.9 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
    What could be the reason.

Thank you.

Zelalem

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tvkpz View Post
    Hi

I have successfully installed FFMPEG from source following your directions. Thanks for that.

I tried writing a simple program to test how it works (attached below)
    I get a whole list of errors (attached below). Seems there are too many undefined things. Am I missing out setting some env variables etc.

Looking forward to your help!

tvkpz
    This goes beyond my experience with FFmpeg. This would be a question to ask the FFmpeg libav-user mailing list and perhaps the #ffmpeg IRC channel. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zelalem View Post
    Hi FakeOutdoorsman, I followed your step and when I issue the following command I got a series of errors that are listed after the command:

sudo apt-get purge ffmpeg x264 libx264-dev
    Code:
    apt-get: relocation error: /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6: symbol _ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i, version GLIBCXX_3.4.9 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
    What could be the reason.

Thank you.

Zelalem
    This seems more like an Ubuntu package management issue and I'm unsure what would have caused this. A possibly related bug report:

Bug #180160 in apt (Ubuntu): cannot run apt-get after upgrading to ubuntu 8.04

In your previous forum thread, Need help with ffmpeg installation, someone suggested that you make some changes to your .bashrc file. I am guessing, but this may have caused your error. Also, in that same thread you said, "I installed all the dependencies and ffmpeg". If you followed an FFmpeg installation guide, can you give me the link? I would like to check if the guide may have caused your errors somehow.

Beans

Hi FakeOutdoorsman, you are right it relates to ubuntu package management. I remember getting this e-mail long time ago but didn't know how i solved it. I might have tweked it. Anyway, I will try to check out the link you proposed and come back here if I got any problem.

Thank you again for the good work.

Best regards,

Zelalem
    Last edited by zelalem; September 26th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.

Page 49 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast