Page 48 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 2306

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    3,483

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Quote Originally Posted by igorfelluga View Post
    how to upgrade to 64'
    I believe he is referring to a 64-bit installation of Ubuntu.

    Quote Originally Posted by forgewire View Post
    It looks like you need a Computer Science degree to install ffmpeg properly on Linux, but this tutorial works like charm.
    The best I've come across.
    To convert your flash video loaded from Internet to 3gp that you can play on your mobile phone use something like:

    ffmpeg -i input.flv -s qcif -vcodec h263 -acodec libfaac -ac 1 -ar 22050 -r 25 -ab 128 -y output.3gp
    Thanks, forgewire. I'm glad it worked.

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    I believe he is referring to a 64-bit installation of Ubuntu.

    I have Ubuntu 9 64bit

  3. #473
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    2

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    I want to make an static, stand alone, single file build of FFmpeg on Ubuntu 9.04

    I have done this with SVN-r16315 using the following "config" settings:

    ./configure \
    --enable-static \
    --extra-cflags=-static \
    --extra-ldflags=-static \
    --disable-shared \
    --enable-libmp3lame \
    --enable-gpl \
    --enable-libfaad \
    --enable-pthreads \
    --enable-libfaac \
    --enable-libxvid \
    --enable-x11grab \
    --enable-libgsm \
    --enable-libx264 \
    --enable-libtheora \
    --enable-libvorbis

    As you can see the "--extra-cflags=-static --extra-ldflags=-static" options make the magic, but now with the latest SVN doesn't work, also with the V0.5

    Here I share the guide that IT WORKS but only with SVN-r16315

    [1-Install needed packages]:

    sudo aptitude install build-essential subversion git-core zlib1g-dev checkinstall libgpac-dev libfaad-dev libfaac-dev liblame-dev libtheora-dev libvorbis-dev gpac liba52-dev libgsm1-dev libxvidcore4-dev libschroedinger-dev libogg-dev libspeex-dev

    [2-Install yasm]:

    cd ~
    wget http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm...m-0.7.1.tar.gz
    tar xzvf yasm-0.7.1.tar.gz
    cd yasm-0.7.1
    ./configure
    make
    sudo checkinstall

    [3. Get latest libx264]:

    cd ~/
    git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git
    cd x264
    ./configure --enable-pthread --enable-mp4-output --enable-shared
    make
    sudo checkinstall

    [4-Update the links to the shared libraries created by x264]:

    sudo ldconfig

    [5. Get newest ffmpeg]:

    cd ~/
    svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
    cd ffmpeg
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    ./configure \
    --enable-static \
    --extra-cflags=-static \
    --extra-ldflags=-static \
    --disable-shared \
    --enable-libmp3lame \
    --enable-gpl \
    --enable-libfaad \
    --enable-pthreads \
    --enable-libfaac \
    --enable-libxvid \
    --enable-x11grab \
    --enable-libgsm \
    --enable-libx264 \
    --enable-libtheora \
    --enable-libvorbis

    ANY HELP will be apreciated

  4. #474
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    3,483

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigopolo View Post
    I want to make an static, stand alone, single file build of FFmpeg on Ubuntu 9.04

    I have done this with SVN-r16315 using the following "config" settings:

    ./configure \
    --enable-static \
    --extra-cflags=-static \
    --extra-ldflags=-static \
    --disable-shared \
    --enable-libmp3lame \
    --enable-gpl \
    --enable-libfaad \
    --enable-pthreads \
    --enable-libfaac \
    --enable-libxvid \
    --enable-x11grab \
    --enable-libgsm \
    --enable-libx264 \
    --enable-libtheora \
    --enable-libvorbis

    As you can see the "--extra-cflags=-static --extra-ldflags=-static" options make the magic, but now with the latest SVN doesn't work, also with the V0.5

    Here I share the guide that IT WORKS but only with SVN-r16315

    [1-Install needed packages]:

    sudo aptitude install build-essential subversion git-core zlib1g-dev checkinstall libgpac-dev libfaad-dev libfaac-dev liblame-dev libtheora-dev libvorbis-dev gpac liba52-dev libgsm1-dev libxvidcore4-dev libschroedinger-dev libogg-dev libspeex-dev

    [2-Install yasm]:

    cd ~
    wget http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm...m-0.7.1.tar.gz
    tar xzvf yasm-0.7.1.tar.gz
    cd yasm-0.7.1
    ./configure
    make
    sudo checkinstall

    [3. Get latest libx264]:

    cd ~/
    git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git
    cd x264
    ./configure --enable-pthread --enable-mp4-output --enable-shared
    make
    sudo checkinstall

    [4-Update the links to the shared libraries created by x264]:

    sudo ldconfig

    [5. Get newest ffmpeg]:

    cd ~/
    svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
    cd ffmpeg
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    ./configure \
    --enable-static \
    --extra-cflags=-static \
    --extra-ldflags=-static \
    --disable-shared \
    --enable-libmp3lame \
    --enable-gpl \
    --enable-libfaad \
    --enable-pthreads \
    --enable-libfaac \
    --enable-libxvid \
    --enable-x11grab \
    --enable-libgsm \
    --enable-libx264 \
    --enable-libtheora \
    --enable-libvorbis

    ANY HELP will be apreciated
    I'm not going to be very helpful because I'm unsure of the answer. This would be a question for the #ffmpeg IRC channel or the ffmpeg-user mailing list. Your instructions are dated in several ways, but you can see the differences in the guide. If you ask for help on the IRC channel or mailing list make sure to supply your FFmpeg error.

  5. #475
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    13,014

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    While I can only make a very uneducated guess as to why you'd want to use those flags, based on your config this would work on a current svn.

    ./configure --enable-static --extra-cflags=-static --extra-ldflags=-static --disable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --enable-libgsm --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora
    (lose the libfaad, libfaac, libvorbis and in the unlikely event you have libva-dev intalled then add a --disable-hwaccels (or specific to vaapi

  6. #476
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Beans
    525
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    One of the reasons is that FAAC is no longer considered free (because it contains code from the ISO reference encoder), and thus you have to use the --enable-nonfree option to include it.

    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that was the impetus behind the Low Complexity AAC encoder project in ffmpeg's SoC lineup in 2008.
    Last edited by qyot27; September 5th, 2009 at 02:41 AM.

  7. #477
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Beans
    525
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Several months ago I had asked about including x264's revision number in the checkinstall process in place of the date. That's been working perfectly, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do the same with ffmpeg. Any ideas?

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    6,923

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Hi qyot,

    Quote Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
    Several months ago I had asked about including x264's revision number in the checkinstall process in place of the date. That's been working perfectly, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do the same with ffmpeg. Any ideas?
    Traditionally you would use cut for this, perhaps something like:

    Code:
    sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=ffmpeg \
       --pkgversion "3:0.svn-`grep "FFMPEG_VERSION" version.h | \
       cut -d '"' -f2 | cut -d '-' -f2`-12ubuntu3" --default
    Or there is a fairly cool version of the above using sed:

    Code:
    sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=ffmpeg \
       --pkgversion "3:0.svn-r`grep "FFMPEG_VERSION" version.h | \
        sed 's/[^0-9]//g'`-12ubuntu3" --default
    My brain has always worked better with sed than cut, and I am not sure what that says about me .

    Andrew
    Last edited by andrew.46; September 10th, 2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added sed...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

  9. #479
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    3,483

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Or there is a fairly cool version of the above using sed:

    Code:
    sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=ffmpeg \
       --pkgversion "3:0.svn-r`grep "FFMPEG_VERSION" version.h | \
        sed 's/[^0-9]//g'`-12ubuntu3" --default
    My brain has always worked better with sed than cut, and I am not sure what that says about me .

    Andrew
    Excellent! The sed command is something I need to work on. I've often needed it, but not often enough to take the time to learn it but I'm getting better.

  10. #480
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Beans
    525
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hi qyot,



    Traditionally you would use cut for this, perhaps something like:

    Code:
    sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=ffmpeg \
       --pkgversion "3:0.svn-`grep "FFMPEG_VERSION" version.h | \
       cut -d '"' -f2 | cut -d '-' -f2`-12ubuntu3" --default
    Or there is a fairly cool version of the above using sed:

    Code:
    sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=ffmpeg \
       --pkgversion "3:0.svn-r`grep "FFMPEG_VERSION" version.h | \
        sed 's/[^0-9]//g'`-12ubuntu3" --default
    My brain has always worked better with sed than cut, and I am not sure what that says about me .

    Andrew
    Both worked, thanks. Is there any benefit for using the sed method over the one with cut?

    Also, x264 always installs and gets listed fine, but apt put ffmpeg under the auto removable category. Which is somewhat annoying. Is that from a package numbering issue (which I hope can be resolved) or just an inherent thing?

    Note: the first time I tried to install I used the cut method, but during the process everything locked up completely and I was forced to reboot, which canceled the installation. The sed method was the one that completed the install successfully, and then I noticed the auto removable thing. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, though.
    Last edited by qyot27; September 11th, 2009 at 07:15 AM.

Page 48 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •