Page 236 of 241 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2402

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans

Re: libilbc

Seems fixed now (used the git ilbc with the commit)

(-only weird thing was the libilbc.pc file was strangely empty in the path section, edited in though didn't ck. if it needed..
    Can't figure how to get a good configure from configure.ac, autoconf doesn't work right

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Seems fixed now (used the git ilbc with the commit)

(-only weird thing was the libilbc.pc file was strangely empty in the path section, edited in though didn't ck. if it needed..
    Can't figure how to get a good configure from configure.ac, autoconf doesn't work right
    Indeed works fine now and the update is on my MPlayer web page . I used the release version 2.0.1 and autotools works fine there although I errored out with cmake (I did not pursue this as ./configure .. make works fine).
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Indeed works fine now and the update is on my MPlayer web page . I used the release version 2.0.1 and autotools works fine there although I errored out with cmake (I did not pursue this as ./configure .. make works fine).
    Yeah , the whole thing & your recent mplayer thread post reminded me about " Winds of change". Then I noticed we'd gone thru some ilbc stuff some time ago concerning cmake, ect
    (releases come with files needed for ./configure, git doesn't

Beans

Yeah , the whole thing & your recent mplayer thread post reminded me about " Winds of change".
    Indeed, I am assembling some of my old guides for posterity as time moves on... Mind you I love mucking around with html / css and I am having a great time rebuilding this site!

Great to see the ilbc issue is resolved, I will be a little less wary of bug reports and terse developers next time perhaps

Beans

I just ran "autoreconf -fiv" and then the resulting configure seemed to work for me.

Great to see the ilbc issue is resolved, I will be a little less wary of bug reports and terse developers next time perhaps
    I still managed to report it to the wrong project since I wasn't sure where the problem was, and was short of time and knowhow to properly figure that out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    I still managed to report it to the wrong project since I wasn't sure where the problem was, and was short of time and knowhow to properly figure that out.
    But when iLBC takes over the InterWebs you will have your name in the changelogs .

Beans

Re: autoreconf

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    I just ran "autoreconf -fiv" and then the resulting configure seemed to work for me.
    Thanks - I tend to forget about such things, in this case the f & i options

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

I see some debian packaging in the multimedia place but I don't know how the path goes from there to mainstream debian and then to Ubuntu. Slackware does not have a mainstream build script but most will make their own anyway
    But now Slackware does:

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14...media/l-smash/

Beans

I just finished purging and reinstalling ffmpeg based on the guide but enabling shared. It all seems to configure and make fine, but then I get an error about a shared library when I try to run ffmpeg.
    "ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.56"

The library doesn't seem to exist at all on my system, so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get it (or how to tell ffmpeg to not use it)

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty)
    /usr/local/lib contains
    libavdevice.a
    libavdevice.so
    libavdevice.so.55
    libavdevice.so.55.1.0
    but no reference to 56

ldd `which ffmpeg` yields the following not found:
    libavdevice.so.56 => not found
    libpostproc.so.53 => not found
    libswresample.so.1 => not found

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gralfus2 View Post
    I just finished purging and reinstalling ffmpeg based on the guide but enabling shared. It all seems to configure and make fine, but then I get an error about a shared library when I try to run ffmpeg.
    "ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.56"

The library doesn't seem to exist at all on my system, so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get it (or how to tell ffmpeg to not use it)

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty)
    /usr/local/lib contains
    libavdevice.a
    libavdevice.so
    libavdevice.so.55
    libavdevice.so.55.1.0
    but no reference to 56

ldd `which ffmpeg` yields the following not found:
    libavdevice.so.56 => not found
    libpostproc.so.53 => not found
    libswresample.so.1 => not found
    You would have needed to alter that how-to a bit more than just enabling shared. Maybe you did once before but not last time? Or didn't yet run an ldconfig which isn't needed in the guide?
    (the guide as is installs to $HOME/ffmpeg_build & $HOME/bin..
    What are you planning to gain with a shared ffmpeg anyway?

Page 236 of 241 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast