Page 199 of 241 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2402

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

I figured it out!

This is amazing- the width problem is solved simply by changing the Video Settings on the iPod itself.

In Video---Settings----turn OFF "fit to full screen" (or whatever it's called).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
    Did Step 6 complete successfully?
    I guess not, so I purged it and installed that then voila! all went well. I think that has been the cause of some of my previous problems as well: every time I resume installation I should have purged everything incl folders that was installed and not only do the delete stuff mentioned in "step one".

Anyways, now step 6 and 7 completed, which means I have FFMPEG installed, yay!

Now let's see if it all works

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PDA1 View Post
    I figured it out!

This is amazing- the width problem is solved simply by changing the Video Settings on the iPod itself.

In Video---Settings----turn OFF "fit to full screen" (or whatever it's called).
    LOL yes but did you re-code any video with that line i gave you for yourself to try....

heres that windows bat file with the working line 3 pages back BTW, if any Linux bash writer reading wants to help you out and convert it to the equivalent Linux use.so you dont need to use windows again

just make the bat, call it say multi-encode.bat or whatever, make an empty dir on the top of your USB stick , put the bat,your ffmpeg/avconv
    the current windows http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win...in32-static.7z will be fine* for that OS until someone converts the bat to linux bash then you can use this threads linux ffmpeg (static version) on there OC) and ALL your files for conversion in there.

make another dir in there called \encoded in this case as thats where the bat will want to locally save all its encodes, and change the ("%srcPATH%*.mkv") part of the bat to whatever your files extension is if not .mkv , double click the multi-encode.bat to start it off and forget about it till its done all the files in that dir for you ( and OC using a quirk of windows bat you get to have the "iPod-160G-Classic-" pre-pended to all your files )

the REM at the end of the script is just for reference as i cant usually be bothered to open another txt file with all the cheat sheets options etc

.....cut
    @echo on

set srcPATH=.\
    set dstPATH=.\encoded\iPod-160G-Classic-

FOR %%A in ("%srcPATH%*.mkv") DO (
    avconv.exe -threads 4 -i "%%A" -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -minrate 600k -maxrate 1500k -bufsize 1500k -refs 3 -preset slow -vprofile Baseline -level 3.0 -flags2 -bpyramid -wpredp 0 -strict experimental -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 128k -vf hqdn3d,unsharp=5:5:0.5,scale=640:480 "%dstPATH%%%~nA.MP4"
    )
    pause

REM -vf yadif, gradfun, hqdn3d, unsharp=5:5:0.5, setdar=16:9, scale=640:480

...cut

* actually that http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ is worth a second look as they auto build that windows version with Linux Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/rea...tic-readme.txt and always keep the Current Zeranoe FFmpeg Builds External Libraries and External Libraries Source Code links at the most current so could be useful for making an auto build script for this thread etc...
    Last edited by popper; November 27th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I think it has something to do with ffmpeg, which I compiled using this great guide I was trying to build bino on Ubuntu 11.10 and got stuck, the "make" command produced this

Code:
    mb@oot:~$ cd bino
    mb@oot:~/bino$ make
    make  all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mb/bino'
    Making all in po
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mb/bino/po'
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mb/bino/po'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mb/bino/src'
    make  all-recursive
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/mb/bino/src'
    Making all in base
    make[4]: Entering directory `/home/mb/bino/src/base'
    make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/mb/bino/src/base'
    make[4]: Entering directory `/home/mb/bino/src'
      CXXLD  bino
    /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.a(lavfi.o): In function `lavfi_read_packet':
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:275: undefined reference to `av_buffersink_get_buffer_ref'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:289: undefined reference to `av_buffersink_get_buffer_ref'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:315: undefined reference to `avfilter_unref_buffer'
    /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.a(lavfi.o): In function `lavfi_read_close':
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:73: undefined reference to `avfilter_graph_free'
    /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.a(lavfi.o): In function `lavfi_read_header':
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:90: undefined reference to `avfilter_register_all'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:92: undefined reference to `avfilter_get_by_name'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:93: undefined reference to `avfilter_get_by_name'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:99: undefined reference to `avfilter_graph_alloc'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:102: undefined reference to `avfilter_graph_parse'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:186: undefined reference to `av_buffersink_params_alloc'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:190: undefined reference to `avfilter_graph_create_filter'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:207: undefined reference to `av_abuffersink_params_alloc'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:210: undefined reference to `avfilter_all_channel_layouts'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:212: undefined reference to `avfilter_graph_create_filter'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:221: undefined reference to `avfilter_link'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:226: undefined reference to `avfilter_graph_config'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:254: undefined reference to `avfilter_inout_free'
    /home/mb/ffmpeg/libavdevice/lavfi.c:255: undefined reference to `avfilter_inout_free'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[4]: *** [bino] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/mb/bino/src'
    make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mb/bino/src'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mb/bino/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mb/bino'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    On the other hand installing bino from ppa which dynamically links to ffmpeg works without problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Beans

I'm guessing that Bino probably needs to be updated to use FFmpeg Git. Either use an older FFmpeg (I'd try FFmpeg 0.8.7), or submit a bug report to the Bino bug tracker.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Great guide! Followed the instructions on Lucid and it worked. However when building ffmpeg the compiler drops lots of warnings like:

Code:
    ffserver.c:4236: warning: ‘avcodec_get_context_defaults2’ is deprecated (declared at ./libavcodec/avcodec.h:3818)
    Yeah I know it are warnings not errors and ffmpeg just seems to work but is it normal to get so many warnings?

Beans

I did several attempted installs on one of my computers and met with failure in all of them UNTIL I treated each step of the EXCELLENT GUIDE at http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=1289 as individual steps.

Here's what I mean;

The following is Step 7 for the Lucid installation

Code:
    cd git clone --depth 1 git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg cd ffmpeg ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb \     --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx \     --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab make sudo checkinstall --pkgname=ffmpeg --pkgversion="5:$(./version.sh)" --backup=no \     --deldoc=yes --default hash x264 ffmpeg ffplay ffprobe
    No matter how hard I tried FFMPEG would not be successfully installed using the above code entered in one Paste into Terminal.

So, this is how I entered the above code into Terminal;

Code:
    cd
    Then....

Code:
    git clone --depth 1 git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg
    Then....
    Code:
    cd ffmpeg
    Then....
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb \     --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx \     --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab
    Then....

Code:
    make
    Then....
    Code:
    sudo checkinstall --pkgname=ffmpeg --pkgversion="5:$(./version.sh)" --backup=no \     --deldoc=yes --default
    Finally....
    Code:
    hash x264 ffmpeg ffplay ffprobe
    Like I said....no matter how many times I tried to install FFMPEG using the blocks of code in each of the Guide's steps the installation would never succeed. The reason could be because my computer is old or something similar.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Euroman View Post
    ...is it normal to get so many warnings?
    It is normal. If they are particularly annoying then upstream will gladly accept any patches to correctly silence them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by PDA1 View Post
    I did several attempted installs on one of my computers and met with failure in all of them UNTIL I treated each step of the EXCELLENT GUIDE at http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=1289 as individual steps.

[snip]

Like I said....no matter how many times I tried to install FFMPEG using the blocks of code in each of the Guide's steps the installation would never succeed. The reason could be because my computer is old or something similar.
    That's because the guide isn't meant to copy/paste the entire code block at once. The only multiple-lined instructions that can be copy-pasted are the ones with \ in them, because \ allows a new line to be used without interrupting a singular command.

But it is possible to do it all at once. You just need to join the commands with &&, like this (I also used \ to increase readability; if you don't want to use the \, just make sure there aren't any new lines separating the && and the next command):
    Code:
    git clone --depth 1 git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg && \
    cd ffmpeg && \
    ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb \
    --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx \
    --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab && \
    make && \
    sudo checkinstall --pkgname=ffmpeg --pkgversion="5:$(./version.sh)" --backup=no \
    --deldoc=yes --default && \
    hash x264 ffmpeg ffplay ffprobe
    The quick version:
    Code:
    make && make install
    Is the same as running make, and then running make install after make is finished.
    Last edited by qyot27; December 1st, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Beans

The FFmpeg Filtering Guide was created yesterday on the FFmpeg Bug Tracker and Wiki. The page is somewhat disorganized, but I think it will be a good place to save various filtering examples and tips. If you would like to add something just register and then simply edit the page. This page was created for users to edit, so don't hesitate to contribute (and additions can be reverted if you are afraid of breaking things).
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; December 1st, 2011 at 07:12 PM.

Page 199 of 241 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast