Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

You're spot on!
    libsdl1.2-dev isn't installed.

I don't know how that's happened.
    Maybe I uninstalled it with some other stuff since I last compiled.
    I don't use ffplay very often, so it could have been missing for a while.

For now, I can live without ffplay, till next time.
    Thanks.

Beans

Glad you found the culprit. Running Step 2 after uninstalling and before compiling x264 and FFmpeg is probably a good idea to make sure everything you need is still there and up to date.

Edit: I updated the Karmic guide.
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; February 2nd, 2011 at 05:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello, I've found an issue that I think is not been discussed here, or at least couldn't find it searching backwards in this thread.

I'm trying to install ffmpeg with this tutorial, but first I installed libvpx. Downloaded it from here

http://code.google.com/p/webm/downloads/list

That's version 0.9.5. Then did the process

./configure
    make
    sudo checkinstall --pkgname=libvpx --pkgversion="`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`-git" --backup=no --default --deldoc=yes
    So, when installing ffmpeg I was told to use this code:

Code:
    ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-libfaac --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --enable-libvpx --enable-libmp3lame
    And it returned this message:

Code:
    ERROR: libvpx decoder version must be >=0.9.1

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
    version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
    ffmpeg-user@mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
    Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
    solving the problem.
    So, what should I do now, please?

Beans

What Ubuntu version are you using?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sorry, I'm using Lucid.

Beans

I tried this on Lucid and FFmepg found libvpx with no problem. However, I used git instead of svn for FFmpeg. I just updated the Lucid guide with new instructions for FFmpeg.

Can you double-check to make sure that libvpx even got installed?

I recommend doing this:
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/ffmpeg
    ...and then continuing on step 7.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Alright, the problem was libvpx not properly installed for some reason. Repeated using git and everything work, although I saw errors showing during the process, like:

Code:
    libavcodec/h264_direct.c:263: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/h264_direct.c:264: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    Code:
    libavcodec/imgconvert.c:715: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘av_image_copy’ from incompatible pointer type
    ./libavcore/imgutils.h:112: note: expected ‘const uint8_t **’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t **’
    libavcodec/imgconvert.c: In function ‘av_picture_copy’:
    Code:
    libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_5’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_6’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    What is the meaning of this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by Daerun View Post
    Alright, the problem was libvpx not properly installed for some reason. Repeated using git and everything work, although I saw errors showing during the process, like:

Code:
    libavcodec/h264_direct.c:263: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/h264_direct.c:264: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    Code:
    libavcodec/imgconvert.c:715: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘av_image_copy’ from incompatible pointer type
    ./libavcore/imgutils.h:112: note: expected ‘const uint8_t **’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t **’
    libavcodec/imgconvert.c: In function ‘av_picture_copy’:
    Code:
    libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_5’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_6’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    What is the meaning of this?
    Those aren't really 'errors'. If they were errors, compiling would fail and you would see something like this at the end:
    Code:
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [directory] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `directory'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    (with [directory] and `directory' meaning actual directory paths)

The warnings could be related to the version of GCC used to compile the build, or simply things that the ffmpeg devs either haven't tweaked or that they don't prioritize. I think it was the ffmpeg mailing list where I saw a comment to the effect that making the GCC output absolutely free from inconsequential warnings was not important, thus any cleaning up that happens probably is done at the behest of making sure it doesn't break anything else, or because it's part of a bigger fix/optimization that needed to be done anyway. The warnings being rooted in the version of GCC would be a good reason for this to be unimportant - they'd spend more time focusing on fixing GCC version inconsistencies than they would actual productive development. As long as it's not a case of breakage, it may eventually resolve itself on GCC's end.
    Last edited by qyot27; February 6th, 2011 at 02:09 AM.

Beans

hello,
    I m trying to compile ffmpeg on 10.0.4 (x86) for the first time. I have this error message, google didn't really help

Code:
    ffmpeg: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavfilter.so.1: symbol sws_isSupportedInput, version LIBSWSCALE_0 not defined in file libswscale.so.0 with link time reference
    I found this http://wieshka.pastebin.com/2u1XFx6B but it didn't solve this issue.

at first it worked via command line, then I checked if my script could use ffmpeg and I had the typical ffmpeg error:

error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    which I fixed inserting /usr/local/lib in ld.config.conf

any ideas?

Beans

hmm I think I found the cause of the problem.

I am using the option --enable-shared in the ffmpeg configuration line because I want to install ffmpeg-php.

How to make this works on ubuntu 10.0.4, since this always worked fine for me on hardy

Page 149 of 236 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast