Thread: New HB Computer won't boot (multiple hardware replacements)

Beans

New HB Computer won't boot (multiple hardware replacements)

Well, I bought some hardware to build a new MythTV box for myself. I've built homemade computers before, so I didn't figure to have any problems. However, this has been one of the worst experiences of my computer nerd life. Here's the components I bought:

Shuttle Barebones Box
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Processor
    2x1GB memory
    2x 300GB Hard Drive
    DVD Drive

Problem:
    I got all of the component in, put them together and fired up my box. The power came on, but the bios never booted (no beep) and nothing came on the screen. I figured that I got a bad box and ordered a replacement. After it came in, I put all the components together again and had the same problem. After talking to some friends, they suggested I had a bad processor. So, I ordered a new processor. I used it in the old box since the new one fit the disk drive poorly and caused the drive to continually open (I figured it wasn't the problem since I had tried replacing it and got the same thing). I installed everything and booted it up. Same problem, fans come on and LEDs light, but the the bios doesn't boot and nothing is displayed on the screen.

So, now I'm at a loss for what to do. I've spent a good amount of money trying to get this thing working and I'm getting frustrated. Though I've initiated returns, I haven't mailed anything yet because I'm not sure what works and what doesn't. I don't have any other equipment to test the processors. I don't see how this could be a memory issue because the Bios would still boot (also, I've tried the sticks idividually). What else could this be? I've switched out everything!!!! Please make sure I'm not a dumb *** and I didn't use an incompatible processor (I've checked myself, but I want to be sure). Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Zach

Beans

Re: New HB Computer won't boot (multiple hardware replacements)

Is there no one that can help me on this? I'm really needing the help!

Beans

Re: New HB Computer won't boot (multiple hardware replacements)

well, I guess this ain't happening. Time to find another source of help.