Thread: When you don't want an update...

Hybrid View

Beans

When you don't want an update...

Is it possible in Ubuntu to 'reject' an update? I'm not talking about security updates, which you should always get, but a program update.

Reason I ask is I use SDLMame v120, and I've installed a reliable .deb file that I kept from Gutsy. It installed and works beautifully, but now SDLMame v124 is in the Ubuntu repository, and it keeps nagging me to upgrade to their newer version.

I don't want to as I prefer the older version. Simply put I find it more compatible with my set. I've tried unchecking the box in the update manager, but it still pops up everytime I boot into Ubuntu. Is there a way to stop it doing this, but only for this one application?

Thanks all.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

Re: When you don't want an update...

Just search SDLMame in synaptic, highlight it, and under package tab choose lock version

Beans

Re: When you don't want an update...

Thank you very much indeed. I knew there'd be an easy solution in Synaptic, but I wasn't sure how to do it.

It's a handy thing to know, so thank you again!
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti