Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu DVD images for Main/Universe/Multiverse

Beans

Re: Ubuntu DVD images for Main/Universe/Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Shampyon
    Well, I've checked with Australia Post, and they say it'll cost AU$6.40 + Postage Cost to deliver discs C.O.D. within Australia.
    Cd Postage Pack: AU$1.30 +
    Regular Parcel Delivery Cost: AU$3.70 +
    C.O.D. Charge: AU$6.40 =
    AU$11.40

I'm willing to pay to get the three repo DVD's plus the Automatix CD sent over to me. NOT C.O.D from overseas, that'd send me bankrupt. I'll reimburse whoever sends me the 4 discs the cost of delivery and discs via PayPal (the only international payment method available to me), and from there send off copies to other Australians C.O.D. whenever they request it through the boards (directly by Personal Message, or filtered through an Admin).

Anyone willing to help out?
    Bumpety bump bump.

C'mon, folks. I'm sure there's a few of you who've downloaded these DVDs. Surely there's at least one willing to help out?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shampyon
    Bumpety bump bump.

C'mon, folks. I'm sure there's a few of you who've downloaded these DVDs. Surely there's at least one willing to help out?

I am in the process of downloading and will build the dvds. (I have dialup at home and am currently at my dad's store so downloading the imaged would take too long). I am willing to send you them and the automatix cd when I get done.

I do not have paypal or any other credit cards for that matter. However, I don't mind paying to get the discs to you. I know how big of a pain it is to leave the computer on all night to install something.

I took a quick look at the usps rate calculator and for a large envelope it would be about $10 US and a box would be about 20. I have no experience shipping overseas so any advice you have (such as whether an envelope would be sufficient) would be great.

Contact me at erik_d_boi@yahoo.com

Beans

Thanks, erik. That's mighty generous of you. I'm currently downloading the Automatix CD image (AutomatixCD-1.0rc1.zip) from mrbass.org
    Maybe your efforts will be an inspiration to a few others, so we can all share the load.

Beans

Um, bad news, it may take a little longer than I expected to complete the download. As I said above I decided to take the script way because I didn't want to deal with the torrents. Unfortunately the script shown on the page is not the same as the script for download, the one for download has --dist=hoary instead of breezy.

edit: Ok, now that I looking at what is actually going on I don't think I will have to do it over (atleast not all of it). Someone correct me if I am wrong but the way it appears to me is... In the dists/(particular dists) it simply tells the computer which packages from pool/ that it should get. Is this an accurate summary? If that is the case I will only have to download the packages that are in breezy that arent in hoary. Again, is this right?
    Last edited by erik_boi; April 10th, 2006 at 11:01 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

i don't need it, but i'm downloading so i can seed.

Great idea, btw!
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12