Thread: Where is the user in use?

Beans

Where is the user in use?

Ubuntu8.04,AMD64
    I added a user with the right email address but wrong username. I deleted it, also emptied recycle bin.
    The user is not in any table I could find in the MySQL server, it does not have a folder, or que in \var\mail, there also isn't such a user in the users list for linux.
    Even though when trying to add it again I get "The username is already in use."

WHERE THE HELL IS IT IN USE?!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Where is the user in use?

Quote Originally Posted by t_ras View Post
    Ubuntu8.04,AMD64
    I added a user with the right email address but wrong username. I deleted it, also emptied recycle bin.
    The user is not in any table I could find in the MySQL server, it does not have a folder, or que in \var\mail, there also isn't such a user in the users list for linux.
    Even though when trying to add it again I get "The username is already in use."

WHERE THE HELL IS IT IN USE?!!!!!

Ummmm can you be a bit more specific? Where did you add the user? In the OS? In MySQL? Your post is confusing. I can help you if I know where you are trying to add the user.

-Tim
    www.pcchopshop.net

Hard to find and obsolete PC and server parts. "If we can't find it, it probably doesn't exist"

Beans

I did all through ISPConfig.
    I now notices I had omitted it....
    And ISPConfig is giving the errors -I can add the user easily though Linux.

Beans

OK, I hacked ispconfig_isp_user.lib.php to not check is users exists and it worked. lets hoep it doesn't mean any troubles...