Thread: mobile phone with linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

mobile phone with linux

I would like to buy a new mobile phone. Has anyone a good suggestion for one which has an Linux based OS where it's easy to connect with Ubuntu?

I'd like to synchronize with Evolution, have easy handling with sound and image files, it should have WLAN access.

Thanks
    --- borobudur ---

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: mobile phone with linux

*** bump ***
    --- borobudur ---

Beans

I'm looking around also. I just read that palm will use linux as its os- I'm not exactly what they mean. I just bought a treo 650 unlocked and I'm trying to sync it with bluetooth but it won't work. Not as easy as it may seem.

On another note, I was wondering if we can install ubuntu on the Cect phone- the I- clone rip offs from China. I know they use java software. But if we can get linux on it, we can install palm os emulators and have all the software we can imagine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I found OpenMoko (openmoko.com) but it seems that you can't get it yet in Europe/Switzerland.
    --- borobudur ---

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by derailed1 View Post
    I just bought a treo 650 unlocked and I'm trying to sync it with bluetooth but it won't work.
    The Treo650 should sync over usb with gnome-pilot, kpilot or JPilot. I regularly sync my Palm Centro with JPilot. I've seen some bluetooth how'to's, but haven't tried them.