Thread: Sacred Please!!!

Beans

Sacred Please!!!

I realy really really really really really want to get sacred running on Ubunutu ... it is the only reason I still have a windows partition running.

Can someone who knows what they are doing just take a look at it for me ... I have cedega 4.1 and have managed to succesfully run the installer but then nothing works.

I had to run the command that told cedega to use version winxp but can't get it to do anything else ....

oh please please please please please help!

Beans

Re: Sacred Please!!!

Okay so I have cancelled the issue down to a possible problem with the recognition of cedega as a program in gnome. When I enter the command "cedega /home/matthew/.transgaming......blah_blah..../game.exe" it comes back saying cedega can't find the file. So I try finding the file in nautilus and right clicking choosing 'open with' and enter 'cedega' it says it can't add cedega as a program to the list.

Isn't that a bit strange? Does anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by puzzledm
    Okay so I have cancelled the issue down to a possible problem with the recognition of cedega as a program in gnome. When I enter the command "cedega /home/matthew/.transgaming......blah_blah..../game.exe" it comes back saying cedega can't find the file. So I try finding the file in nautilus and right clicking choosing 'open with' and enter 'cedega' it says it can't add cedega as a program to the list.

Isn't that a bit strange? Does anyone have any ideas?
    go to the directory where the file resides and try "cedega ./game.exe" i bet you have a problem with the path.
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Beans

doesen't the game work with winex?

Beans

i can't actually 'cd' to the directory where the game is it comes back saying 'no directory found'

something like:
    cd /home/matthew/.transgaming/c/my programs/ascaron entertetainment/game.exe

and it says no directory found, so I put '_' underscores in to pretend spaces and that still doesn't work - works fine with every other folder.

just strange!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Shouldn't the space be escaped with a backslash? Eg. My\ Programs? Don't forget it's case sensitive as well - my windows drive uses quite a lot of initial capitals.

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker
    Bassist with The Elusive Teeth (see gigs page for forthcoming dates)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wulf
    Shouldn't the space be escaped with a backslash? Eg. My\ Programs? Don't forget it's case sensitive as well - my windows drive uses quite a lot of initial capitals.

Wulf
    right, you can also hit 'tab' when you start typing in a directory to autocomplete it. when i need to enter my fake_windows and then My Documents i tab it at My and it autocompletes the \ and everything. makes it a bit easier.
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!