Thread: My network adapter is not working on winXP

Beans

Unhappy My network adapter is not working on winXP

I was on WindowsME with network adapter Realtek rtl-8139d. After I upgrated to WIndowsXP my adapter doestn't show up n I can't connect to the internet. I tried installing it with updates from various sites but it is not good. I did not uninstall the previous old driver but installed the new one on top of it.

Then I switched back to windowsME and the network adapter is working fine. I want to run on windownsXp Can you pls tell me what could be the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: My network adapter is not working on winXP

Quote Originally Posted by barclay View Post
    I was on WindowsME with network adapter Realtek rtl-8139d. After I upgrated to WIndowsXP my adapter doestn't show up n I can't connect to the internet. I tried installing it with updates from various sites but it is not good. I did not uninstall the previous old driver but installed the new one on top of it.

Then I switched back to windowsME and the network adapter is working fine. I want to run on windownsXp Can you pls tell me what could be the problem.
    HI and I hope you realize this is the Ubuntu forums and not windows. With that being said I would start with the manufactures website as they may have a patch for XP and the nic card.

Beans

Angry Re: My network adapter is not working on winXP

ok thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: My network adapter is not working on winXP

The drivers you need are located here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&PFid=6&PNid=6

Also, uninstall the ME driver before installing the XP driver.

Bob