Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dell 1320C Printer under Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Dell 1320C Printer under Ubuntu

Hi timgood,

I also have the yellow exclamation mark after I print from various sources, but I press the cancel button (red cross) twice on the printer, the printer comes back to normal without re-printing the document.

Try it out !

Alex

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Tilex View Post
    Hi timgood,

I also have the yellow exclamation mark after I print from various sources, but I press the cancel button (red cross) twice on the printer, the printer comes back to normal without re-printing the document.

Try it out !

Alex
    Thanks Alex - will give it a go. Anyone else with this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    Thanks Alex - will give it a go. Anyone else with this problem?
    Yup. Ubuntu 10.10. When printing from Open Office it prints 3 pages and then hangs. The status page (open up the printer's IP in your browser) says it's out of paper.

A work around is to print 2 pages at a time, which is a pain in the asre.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by naich View Post
    Yup. Ubuntu 10.10. When printing from Open Office it prints 3 pages and then hangs. The status page (open up the printer's IP in your browser) says it's out of paper.

A work around is to print 2 pages at a time, which is a pain in the asre.
    I rarely print from Open Office directly ; I export to PDF before, than print.

I found out that Okular wasn't too good at printing with my Dell, but Acrobat Reader did print perfectly fine (even 50+ pages document). Try it !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    For me, using 10.10 64bit, printing works perfectly except when printing from Firefox or Thunderbird. Then after print job is completed, I get the yellow exclamation mark. If I reset the paper draw, the job is repeated. But turning the printer off and back on resets the printer. Driving me mad! Any explanation why printing from HTML should have this result?
    How did you manage to install the deb on x64 architecture? Even with --force-all I'm getting nowhere on my x64 system (Ubuntu 11)
    --
    And that's the way I like it.

Beans

Well, I've been struggling with this for a couple of days and getting nowhere. I followed all the instructions on this page and the various other forums discussing the issue, but every time I tried to print a test page it just stopped.

Eventually trying to configure the printer through the CUPS web interface (just to see if it would make any difference - it's at http://localhost:631 the username and password you need are your system username and password) and I got this error message:

Code:
    Unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-command'
    I found this page and followed the instructions: http://phorm.phormix.com/site/node/13

Which are to run these commands:

1. Code:
      sudo apt-get install libgutenprintui2-1 ups-driver-gutenprint foomatic-db-gutenprint ijsgutenprint hpijs
      (ensures correct packages are installed - I got an error here that it couldn't find one of the files, but it doesn't seem to matter).
    2. Code:
      sudo ln -sf /usr/share/cups/mime/pstoraster.convs /etc/cups/pstoraster.convs
      (this creates a symlink between the correct file and the correct place)

I don't know if both steps are necessary, but I did them both and I'm up and running, so thought I'd share in case anyone else is pulling their hair out like I was.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Anyone try HPLIP? It works awesome for me!
    http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
    Dell Inspiron 1318 | Intel Processor | Running a much hacked and patched windows vista and windows 7 in VirtualBox and dual-booting into ubuntu with Gnome and KDE installed on it. | Ubuntu wins!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

OOPS! I should have paid better attention.
    Wish they had one for Dell Printers. (Thought you were talking about dell pcs)
    Dell Inspiron 1318 | Intel Processor | Running a much hacked and patched windows vista and windows 7 in VirtualBox and dual-booting into ubuntu with Gnome and KDE installed on it. | Ubuntu wins!

Beans

Hello

i'm having same problem as some of you:
    printing job from openoffice documents prints 3 pages and then fails.
    no problem when printing txt and pdfs. Also remark that the exclamation mark always stays orange, no matter what.

My dell 1320c is usb connected to a vostro 400. I've installed same printer on the same way (using fujixerox c525 ppd) on medion akoya, there it worked perfect...

The error i was
    Unable to remove temporary file "/var/spool/cups/tmp/.hplip" - Is a directory
    which changed to

[cups-driverd] Bad driver information file "/usr/share/cups/drv/sample.drv"!
    after i did (according to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1314487)
    sudo apt-get install gs-esp
    after a complete reinstall and linking the printer to the fujixerox ppd the error stayed the same.

looks like quite an irritating bug...

gtz
    Tyndarus

Beans

Mainly for reference of others trying to get a Dell 1320c network printer to work with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit Precise.

I've successfully managed to get this working using the instructions found here:

http://zoffix.com/other/Installing-D...nter-on-Ubuntu

It's now working so far with no glitches or problems.

Code:
    wget http://zoffix.com/content-pics/dell_printer/fuji-xerox-docuprint-c525-a-ap_1.0-2_i386.deb
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture fuji-xerox-docuprint-c525-a-ap_1.0-2_i386.deb
    Add printer using the system setting printing dialog and use URI lpd://your.printer.IP.address

Select printer from the list FX-> FX_DocuPrint_C525_A_AP

Make sure you add the 250 sheet feeder. Don't print a test page when it asks. Right click and select properties. Under "Printer Options" select the paper source as "Auto" and then click Apply and OK.

You should now be ready to print.

Good luck..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast